The statue of Orville Hubbard has been removed from the front lawn of city hall! The new administration wants to move away from Dearborns past as an unwelcoming antagonistic exclusive city. My new girlfriend, a Dearborn resident and reporter for her fathers local newspaper is Lebanese American and considers the city a throwback to the 50's in some of the attitudes and morals of the Muslim community. Her parents are moderate Muslims [[Nancy is an Atheist) and listening to her stories of her and others in her generation rebelling against the rigidity of their parents reminds me of women in my aunts generation challenging the conformity of my grandparents. She jokingly refers to the women who cover their whole bodies as ninjas. The city, overall seems to be full of up to code houses and businesses. Hookah joints and restarurants selling 'Halal' meat dot the landscape. Green Brain comics and Stormy records are two unique businesses that I frequent when I visit Dearborn. Shared a Hookah at Java Cafe with my girl,was kind of cool. Theyre similiar to bongs. This morning she brought me some unique bread and meat sandwhiches considered 'village food'. Dont know the name of the bakery off hand, but it was delicious and filling. Did Dearborn have an Italian enclave at one time? Seems there used to be some Italian markets and a few Italian restaurants some years back. There is a historical museum and an Arab heritage museum on the corner of Schaefer and Michigan Ave which features live performances of musicians and dancers from different regions of the world. Ever been there?