Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by astongraham View Post
    Pugh has a long history of inappropriate behavior with young boys, this is known and has been known for many years in the black gay community. I've spoken before last fall about Mr. Pugh making a pass at a young boy i am related to. This is just new to you, this is old news to others.
    There will be much more to come of this, trust me
    If you truly are the person you say you are, you'd be more careful using the term YOUNG BOYS [[vs. YOUNGER MEN) and thus perpetuating a particularly damaging and demeaning stereotype.

saying he's going after "young boys" would mean he's being a pedo creeper and a felon.

The other [[hitting on the younger prettier set at the bar) is not exactly an unusual thing for older, professional, semi famous, single men to do...straight or gay.

However, you seem to have an axe to grind... so I assume the implication is intentional.
    Last edited by bailey; June-27-13 at 12:36 PM.

This is shitty.

Everytime Detroit tries to make a progressive move [[an extremely young man as head executive, an open homosexual as head legislator) it blows up back in our faces.

It sucks.

Also makes me wonder what bullshit would have cropped up at the end of Duggans tenure.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    If you truly are the person you say you are, you'd be more careful using the term YOUNG BOYS [[vs. YOUNGER MEN) and thus perpetuating a particularly damaging and demeaning stereotype.

saying he's going after "young boys" would mean he's being a pedo creeper and a felon.

The other [[hitting on the younger prettier set at the bar) is not exactly an unusual thing for older, professional, semi famous, single men to do...straight or gay.

However, you seem to have an axe to grind... so I assume the implication is intentional.
    yeah ok whatever,
    I consider a "boy" in high school to be just that, a "boy". If you are hitting on high school age boys at DPS events, you are a pedophile!!

I don't think I need to be the one that's "more careful", I would give that advice to Mr. Pugh. He has more to loose from being reckless than me.

48009 Guest

Yes they are. Whenever he is seen in public, he has one or two young gay men with him as part of his staff. I know that they are gay because I am also gay and I am very familiar with my community, and the local black gay clubs. There is one guy in particular that is always by his side, he introduces the boy [[21 ish) as his cousin. It's very obvious he is screwing his "cousin".
    As I suspected. Disgusting.

Yes. Stay in your lane! Hetero or gay. Leave the kids alone for your night life... even if they ACT grown teens, are often not fully emotionally equipped for the baggage and consequences of sexual relationships with adults... how old is Pugh 45 or so? Day-um!

Not like he's 25 hanging out with 18 year olds. That would be a stretch but this really stands out...

There's some kind of mind 'trip' about this age-gap choice. Clearly!

yeah ok whatever,
    I consider a "boy" in high school to be just that, a "boy". If you are hitting on high school age boys at DPS events, you are a pedophile!!

Yes, I agree and I find that sometimes highly predatory in both cases...

But hey, if you want to play, then you play at your own risk or pleasure. Depending on how things turn out.

But I stand on leaving HS kids out of this scene... and I say this understanding how sexualized and precocious teens can be. I've volunteered/ worked with that population.

Last edited by Zacha341; June-27-13 at 05:58 PM.

Now that is a point even withstanding the particulars of FMLA eligibility specifics! And if some form of discrimination goes forth this is all going to be a trip without luggage!

Quote Originally Posted by mercyme View Post
    I surely hope Orr is following the rules of the Family Medical Leave Act while dealing with Pugh. Otherwise, the city is in for a lawsuit with large [[at least to the normal folk) exposure.
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-27-13 at 03:24 PM.

Yep. Ones patterns, places, and faces ala entourage get known fast when you're a media figure. He has to know this...

Yes they are. Whenever he is seen in public, he has one or two young gay men with him as part of his staff. I know that they are gay because I am also gay and I am very familiar with my community, and the local black gay clubs. There is one guy in particular that is always by his side, he introduces the boy [[21 ish) as his cousin. It's very obvious he is screwing his "cousin".
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-27-13 at 03:24 PM.

Perhaps Pugh has never applied for a Family Medical Leave. You have to do some paperwork, you know. And you have to have documentation of medical necessity.

As it is, Charles Pugh just stopped showing up for week a couple of weeks ago. I imagine that is dismissable if no good explanation or medical neccesity paperwork is forthcoming.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasT View Post
    FMLA doesn't require employers to pay employees while they take their medical leave. Pugh still has his job...he just isn't getting paid. In any event, elected officials are excluded from FMLA.

BUT it does require you to grant up to 12 weeks medical leave with proper medical documentation. It also protects your job. So, if he has provided the necessary documentation, Orr would be violating FMLA if he demanded he return to work or quit.

Not surprised Pugh has screwed up this bad. He just don't get it. In the public eye, you need to conduct yourself with some class and manners. Common sense . Pugh showed none of that. I see Pugh leaving Michigan and running somewhere else. He is done here for now.

Quote Originally Posted by mercyme View Post
    BUT it does require you to grant up to 12 weeks medical leave with proper medical documentation. It also protects your job. So, if he has provided the necessary documentation, Orr would be violating FMLA if he demanded he return to work or quit.
    Elected officials aren't covered under FMLA.

This is a political fight. Orr can't fire Pugh. He does control the purse strings, though.

Quote Originally Posted by 48009 View Post
    Are most of his staff, interns or proteges gay [[young) black males? If so, this seems like par for the course. Akin to a creepy straight boss making sure his staff are all young pretty girls so he can stare at them all day.

I had a boss like that.....

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post
    I had a boss like that.....
    Were you one of his hires?

I am not a fan of Mr. Pugh. We don't exchange Christmas Cards. He is as upset about that as I.

however, until there is real evidence against the man, I am loath to call him a kiddy diddlier. That is just plain wrong to present facts that are not in evidence, mush them together with suppositions and assumptions and conclude the worst.

If nothing else, he is a man who deserves to be judged on fact, not the hysterical rantings of a so-called parent.

when Pugh resigned he said it was because he didn't have a tough enough hide, that he felt criticism rather acutely; now we get a Mongo relative building a pyre in front of the Spirit of Detroit out of innuendo.

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
    This is shitty.

Everytime Detroit tries to make a progressive move [[an extremely young man as head executive, an open homosexual as head legislator) it blows up back in our faces.

It sucks.

Perhaps, then, you should try voting for strong candidates rather than progressive ones.

Also makes me wonder what bullshit would have cropped up at the end of Duggans tenure.
    I doubt it would have taken until the end of his tenure. I'm sure a Duggan Administration would yield lots of juicy scandals. First off, he'd most likely appoint the usual band of McNamara Machine insiders, who are already drawing 3-4 county pensions each. That's low-hanging fruit for an inquisitive media...and that's just for starters. Yeah, there'd be lots of bullshit with McNamara. Just like there will be with Benny.

There are a lot of unanswered questions concerning Pugh. Is he hiding out because of guilt or embarrassed ? Pugh might try to claim he was used or set up. 17 year olds are capable of such things, so are the parents though no evidence so far. Stay tuned. If any of this is true, the allegations of misconduct, Pugh will need some therapy and good lawyers. If true, better change some of your ways Charlie. Stay with adults. Avoid the kids.

He needs to face this head-on. This is a major distraction from the business of city council.
    Now that Orr has canceled/suspended his pay, I wonder what his response will be-- still attend council meetings [[and what's this about his vote being nullified now if he does return)? Resign?

it seems like it was just a catastrophic career mistake for him to leave Fox-2 and WJLB.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    This is a major distraction from the business of city council.
    What business?

...........stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    ...........stop it.
    It's a serious question.

What is the City Council and Bingo doing to earn their paychecks with Orr at the helm?

Pugh is in Seattle. Spotted at a coffee shop per WDIV.

Let's pray for his well being. That he will show up safely. I never cared for his politics but I could be a bleeding heart for a person who is taking it hard on all ends

The more I hear about this, the more it sounds like the parents are just money hungry and making this stuff up. All I hear is Pugh gave the kid money and that is it. Nothing illegal about that. No where did they call the police and file a criminal complaint either. They went straight to a lawyer to sue.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast