The other week a note was taped to the front doors of the houses on my street regarding painting the house address on the curbs.

The note read as follows:

*****Curb Service*****

Your house address will be painted on your curb tomorrow. This service will aid police, fireman and all emergancy services to locate your home in case of an emergency.
These house numbers will be painted with scothite [[not sure how this was supposed to be spelled) reflective paint that reflects brightly at night and the house numbers are 5 guaranteed to last for up to years.

There is a $20.00 for this service. If you would like to be included in this effort, simply fill out the spaces provided below and place the flyer back on your door tomorrow. You are not obligated to pay for this service until the painting is complete and you are completely satisfied.

NAME_____
ADDRESS_________
PHONE____________

Cash, check or money order accepted. If paying by check or money order, make the check or money order payable to Wayne County Neighborhood Watch.

___[[check box) please paint my address on my garbage can for no additional charge.

If you are not home when we come to collect. we will leave an envelope on your door for payment. Thank you. Wayne County Neighborhood Watch. There was a cell phone number on the flyer.

Spelling and grammar errors are not mine. I just typed it out as it was written. I noticed there were only one house on my block that had it done and one on the other block. I live in Aviation so some streets only have a couple blocks in Detroit, the rest of the street runs into Dearborn. I'm not handing money over to just anybody I don't know. Seems like somebody just used Wayne Country in the title to make it look "official". A few neighbors I talked to were suspicious too. We have quite a few seniors on the street.

First I'm not sure who this is. If this was authorized by Wayne County, you would have heard about it officially, newspaper ad, mailed flyer from the county, etc. I would think. Years ago I remember the same note being taped to the door. This reminds me of when whoever it was would leave notes on the door offering to install those globe lamps on your grass. On some streets they were in front of several houses and others none at all. I forgot what the charge was for the lamp. $99.00-$150.00???? They were advertised in the newspapers too I believe.

The curbs were done the next day for the houses that signed up but you just wonder with all the scams going on these days. Sorry to be so long but thank you for reading.