Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
IMO, If this is a major concern for you, I would contact an attorney specializing in that field, and get the correct info. I don't think standing in front of a judge with "I read it in DetroitYES!" as a defense, is going to cut it.
I dont agree with some things said here, but I noticed a lot of the information dealing with history, planning or urban law provide a good starting point. I plan to start with the Housing Commission, depending on what they say would determine if we even bring it up to the lawyer. I dont want to pay for advice i dont need.

As far as people renting week to week, there are a lot of people looking for quality properties in quality neighborhoods who can pay. The tenants are people I know and I want to maintain relationships. As long as they pay, there is no problem. However, I have seen a lot of drama with evictions and I dont like drama. If it happens so be it, but week to week seems to be a way to alleviate the drama that comes with the 60,90 day eviction process or longer depending on the judge.