Quote Originally Posted by Eric_c View Post
It always makes me laugh when people talk about "distance" with regard to the Villages. The Villages are the same distance to Downtown as New Center or Woodbridge and Jefferson Avenue is arguably Detroit's most vibrant business street. Plus, we have the river anywhere from zero to ten short blocks away. And Belle Isle. We're thirteen minutes from Campus Martius by bike or bus and the busses are actually quite good. And grocery stores. And Eastern Market! Lol! I've been here for nine years and always suggest people take a look. It's the perfect balance of neighborhood and Downtown living. Good stuff.
I'm sure it's nice, but I don't really have interest in a "balance of neighborhood and Downtown living," just "downtown living." I'm not looking in Woodbridge or New Center either. I want to be Downtown first, Midtown [[especially southern portion) and maybe Corktown/Lafayette Park if the prices are right. Ideally, I do not wish to be more than 1 mile from Campus Martius. 3-5 years from now, maybe I'll be looking at the Villages or Woodbridge.