Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: Hand, Michigan

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    There are many of these "places" that don't actually exist.

Up in Waterford, there are signs for "Drayton Plains". No such place, of course, but it was once the name for an area.

Or in Western Oakland, there's even an I-96 exit for "New Hudson". No such place. It's either Lyon Township or Milford Township.
    There's no Drayton Plains anymore? We used to go out there when I was a kid to visit one of my great-uncles who had a cottage up there and go fishing. He occasionally took us to the nearby Waterford Hills racetrack, which was also addressed in "Drayton Plains". I remember a nice little town with some old white front stores along Dixie Highway and a drive-in with foot long hot dogs.

New Hudson is still there though, or at least this bar is:
    http://newhudsoninn.com/
    "The New Hudson Inn is Michigan's Oldest Bar, operating since 1831."

My grandfather used to have to "stop in" there for a little "warmer upper" on our way "up north" to go ice fishing at Kensington Metropark.

Last edited by EastsideAl; June-07-13 at 03:13 PM.