Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default DDOT in the Suburbs?!?!

Just a few minutes ago, I was heading through Wyandotte when at Eureka Road and 3rd Street, there was a DDOT New Flyer bus that was heading east towards Biddle Avenue that I never expected [[because DDOT doesn't operate any routes within Wyandotte and hasn't since the attempted merger with SMART way back in 1994-95)! It was a 2010 New Flyer D40LF numbered #1029, but all DDOT logos were whited out [[but not the green and yellow stripes), to make things more weirder! I later saw that same bus heading north on Biddle, crossing Oak Street and later, heading home, at Eureka & 17th Street, a 2002 SMART Gillig Low Floor bus [[like I usually see around here) went in the same direction.

Perhaps this is either an attempt to increase #160 headways or is there a new DDOT-SMART merger I never heard of or is SMART low on their usual buses and forced to lease some from DDOT? Have any of you seen any DDOT buses in suburban Detroit recently too [[they have to be operating SMART routes to count!)?

Sadly, I never got a picture for proof, but will try to get one today.
    Last edited by mtburb; June-07-13 at 08:25 PM.