Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHabitater View Post
    so wait, the dog finishes off the goat, but the chicken gets away? and all of these animals were together and not isolated by a fence that a dog couldn't get through? It seems like there are a lot of details missing from this story...
    Chickens can fly! Not very well, but if they have room it's sometimes enough to give a pursuing dog a bit of difficulty.

That being said, this story stinks and should make everyone doubt anything and everything they read or see on the news.

Quote Originally Posted by marshamusic View Post
    Just like the media led one to think that a human might have destroyed these animals, the Humane Society's report of "dogs" as the culprit, has turned, in this discussion, into "packs of wild dogs".
    Yes, you're right. In all likelihood it was a domesticated Golden retriever that wandered out of it's yard and was just hungry.

Could be a pack of wild dogs, but I'm betting it was probably a couple of humans with there pets/fighting pit bulls who decided to let there dogs train and have some fun at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Could be a pack of wild dogs, but I'm betting it was probably a couple of humans with there pets/fighting pit bulls who decided to let there dogs train and have some fun at the same time.
    Geez I hate to say it, but you're probably closer to the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Yes, you're right. In all likelihood it was a domesticated Golden retriever that wandered out of it's yard and was just hungry.

You got your canine profiling all twisted.

Flying chickens, killer retrievers, where is this thread going?

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    You got your canine profiling all twisted.
    that was sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    that was sarcasm.

I surmised as much.

Honky Tonk/ Flying chickens, killer retrievers, where is this thread going?
    Let's see how far this goes. In all my years on this earth, I never dreamt the thought a golden retriever would come back to haunt me as a killer retriever.
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    I surmised as much.

Let's see how far this goes. In all my years on this earth, I never dreamt the thought a golden retriever would come back to haunt me as a killer retriever.
    Cheers!
    You've never read "Pet Sematary" by Stephen King?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    You've never read "Pet Sematary" by Stephen King?

No, but I guess something weird and wonderful comes of it!

I was on the Davison just where it stops being a freeway before Conant and saw a pack of dogs that would scare the crap out of a wolf pack. The lead dog was a mastiff type, had to be about 4 feet tall at the shoulders, pushing 200 lbs. There were a couple of rotts, a big mutt that looked part airedale, part Alsatian and a couple of other largish mutts

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    I was on the Davison just where it stops being a freeway before Conant and saw a pack of dogs that would scare the crap out of a wolf pack. The lead dog was a mastiff type, had to be about 4 feet tall at the shoulders, pushing 200 lbs. There were a couple of rotts, a big mutt that looked part airedale, part Alsatian and a couple of other largish mutts
    Thanx. I'm not sure if people are in denial about dog packs roaming Detroit, or if it was a joke, and went over my head. Having run into the sitaution once, I have no desire for a rematch. Going back to what happened @ Catherine Ferguson Academy, I still think firstandten has a point. Either the CBS Detrit REALLY screwed up, got bad info, or it's a cover up. There's no mistaking animals that have been in a fight with animals bludgeoned or necks cut.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2