I'm interested to hear from current residents of 1300 Lafayette what you think about living there. Yesterday I viewed some of the units and I'm pretty seriously considering buying there.

The space I'm interested in is roughly $100,000 and $1250/month HOA. The HOA was a bit of a shock at first, but once I started running the numbers it turns out it really isn't so bad considering what it covers. I am concerned about a special assessment for new elevators that is $305/month for the next two to three years, and am wondering how often similar special assessments come up.

Beyond cost - how do you like living there: amenities, neighbors, surrounding neighborhood, walkability. It seems like it would be a fairly quiet place to live, but still very close to downtown.

I'm also considering midtown. I think I probably like the homes in 1300 Lafayette [[mostly due to the high, river views) more than what is available in midtown, but I think I'd like living in the midtown area more due to its walkability and local businesses.

Left to my own devices and I'm going to over think everything to a state of paralysis, so anything you can offer advice-wise would be appreciated!