Hey guys,

So I'm not from Detroit, Or the US for that matter, I'm from England in the United Kingdom. But I've always liked finding out things about places that interest me.
So who to ask better than the people who live in your city.

So, I was wondering what it's actually like to live in Detroit, Media over here see it as a run down old industrial city.
I went on Google maps and noticed some lovely looking areas. And then there were areas that just looked deserted.

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&l...99999999999949

To me, that looks like a great street, if it was lived in of course So why has it ended up the way it has? I mean a few streets over. The houses and streets look great, Well presented. Somewhere you could raise your kids kind of look.

I was just wondering, because there is no chance streets in England would end up like that. Its a shame to be honest. Im not insulting your city. Not by any means, But Im failing to understand how streets like the one linked, which looked to have nice houses on. ends up the way it does? Do the authorities not sort it out?

There are some amazing areas of you're city, And as most cities there are bound to be bad areas, Just a bit strange that one street is great, and the other like your in North Korea :S

For comparisons sake, Ill link a 'Run down' Area of London in the UK.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Wal...275.78,,0,4.67

I mean, As you can see, Its nothing like a suburb of your city, I mean this area of London is pretty run down, Since London is just an ageing city. There is a stupid amount of crime in this area, No guns really, As guns are not a big thing in the UK. People tend to use fists. But the local authorities would never let houses sit idle, unless they were planning to redevelop the whole area, [[Knock them down and build new)

I was also wondering what it was like 'job' wise in your city, [[Things are not too great here in the UK, Seems to be a thousand people after every job)

The UK is a 'services' country now, Not much manufacturing or engineering etc...

I am planning a trip to the US in a few years, Obviously visiting NYC and Vegas, But I'd like to see more of the real US, Any suggestions?

Hopefully a few guys will reply, and give me an insight into your wonderful city

Cheers!