Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default New Detroit Art Deco Website

Hello. I've been a visitor to this site since 1999 but don't post often. I have a [[useless) degree in architecture and I'm now back in college for web design. So naturally my first website for class is architecture related.

My favorite style is Art Deco and I wanted to create a site dedicated to Detroit's buildings. Please visit and let me know what you think. I'm new to this so it might be a bit glitchy. The images are probably too big so it's a bit slow to load. Also it's a bit simple, but it's my first effort.

www.detroitartdeco.com

As I mentioned on the home page this site was originally created for a class, so the layout and text are mine but the images are the result of frantic late night google searches. We were told it's okay for educational purposes to find and use images. But I decided to put the site online for a little while for all the Detroit architecture fans who frequent this site and who have encouraged my interest in the city and its buildings over the years. But if anyone recognizes their photo and greatly objects to my using it, just let me know either via PM here or to the email in the site's footer and I will either replace the image or give you credit in the text.

Thanks everyone, and be kind.
    Last edited by KarmicCurse; May-18-13 at 03:59 AM.