Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    What about the drones flying above the city that can tell if your zipper is down.

My friend in London had a few to many and needed to relive himself , not being in Midtown US, he ducked down a dark ally behind a dumpster , it was dark but before he was finished there was two policeman standing behind him,even in dark ally ways there are pesky night vision cams.

Where I am at emergency vehicles have a strob and there is a blue light that looks like the old time insulators on the traffic light,the strob activates the light change,used to be at night time you could flash a led light at the blue light and change the light to green now it is strobe only.

I think it is crazy that the London cops would be so into Scat. Using technology to further this sick fetish is way beyond the pale...

This is what I'm talking about...Name:  53756f34c5b211e28abf22000a1f9bf5_7-1.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  55.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Pheasant View Post
    This is what I'm talking about...Name:  53756f34c5b211e28abf22000a1f9bf5_7-1.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  55.5 KB
    Wow I'm not sure why they need all those dome cameras. While more expensive, there are panoramic cameras that can catch a much wider area all at once at high resolutions and you don't need to install a bunch of those. But then again what's shown above appears to be the cheapest option for getting the most coverage.

Is that on the corner of the Vinton Building? Are there similar ones on other buildings in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Is that on the corner of the Vinton Building? Are there similar ones on other buildings in the area.
    Nearly identical [[gruesome, zitlike) clusters appeared on One Woodward a short while after Dan Gilbert purchased it. Every corner, plus one at the very top of the building...like the one on the CAY across the street...which must have the mother of all zoom lenses to be anywhere near effective.

I bet ol' Danny will be busy with that one when the Scientologists finally move into the old Raymond James' Building across the street. Not sure they're going to like being under surveillance...by one clearly not Clear.

To be fair, though, he DID finally get some window coverings to replace those FedEx and UPS supplies taped to the windows of 3-5 and 7-9. If only they could be kept completely closed to dither the visual cacophony of those custom streetmap light fixtures.

But I'm wondering how we can score the paintball wars, perhaps that is the reason for the duplicate cameras. I think it is funny that they think these will be out of the range of those taggers who can hit the side of a freeway overpass in the dark.

I used a cute plastic vise-on-a-stick up north at a friend's summer home a weekend ago...to spray the eaves for wasp nests. Thing had a trigger on a string...and could reach >25 feet up fully extended. He said he bought it at Home Depot. It wouldn't take someone with nefarious intent but a minute to foul all of these dome cameras.

I'm just sayin'...

I've noticed that the newbie Quickens all seem to wear their employee badges when they are walking around the downtown area. This used to be a solid no-no, since it identified a person's employer...and/or gullibility of the wearer, especially in cities with significant convention traffic.

It is always a bad idea to openly wear convention badges outside the venue.

But these badges have become so common I suspect they have purpose...so these employees can be identified by the Control Center in the old bank building. I'd bet they are RFID tagged, to help automate the surveillance.

That would be one reason for the multiple pan-n-tilts at corner locations. That might be the cheapest way to look everywhere at once...if these things auto-aim and focus on RFID, which would be logical since the system is obstensibly for employee safety and security, one per corner might get a little jumpy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    That would be one reason for the multiple pan-n-tilts at corner locations. That might be the cheapest way to look everywhere at once...if these things auto-aim and focus on RFID, which would be logical since the system is ostensibly for employee safety and security, one per corner might get a little jumpy.
    Or, They want to know where you're going, what you're doing there, with whom, and for how long.

... But these badges have become so common I suspect they have purpose...so these employees can be identified by the Control Center in the old bank building. I'd bet they are RFID tagged, to help automate the surveillance.

That would be one reason for the multiple pan-n-tilts at corner locations. That might be the cheapest way to look everywhere at once...if these things auto-aim and focus on RFID, which would be logical since the system is ostensibly for employee safety and security, one per corner might get a little jumpy.
    Tip of the hat for reasoning that out so well. They're obviously not all redundantly pointed at the same target and so they need some way to differentiate targets. RFID would be one way to do that.
    Last edited by Jimaz; June-01-13 at 09:21 PM.

I've noticed that the newbie Quickens all seem to wear their employee badges when they are walking around the downtown area. This used to be a solid no-no, since it identified a person's employer...and/or gullibility of the wearer, especially in cities with significant convention traffic.

It is always a bad idea to openly wear convention badges outside the venue.

But these badges have become so common I suspect they have purpose...so these employees can be identified by the Control Center in the old bank building. I'd bet they are RFID tagged, to help automate the surveillance.

That would be one reason for the multiple pan-n-tilts at corner locations. That might be the cheapest way to look everywhere at once...if these things auto-aim and focus on RFID, which would be logical since the system is obstensibly for employee safety and security, one per corner might get a little jumpy.
    LOL this is so crazy I had to respond. Are you serious? God forbid a company who wants to move downtown and try to do something for the community. Wish it was all a barren wasteland again. Sometimes this forum is insane.

PS: Quicken employees wear their badges because it is required to get in buildings, buddy. You know, like every other major US city?

Quote Originally Posted by HelloIDistance View Post

PS: Quicken employees wear their badges because it is required to get in buildings, buddy. You know, like every other major US city?
    Are they actually visible? Seems like a bigger risk IMO.

Yes, nearly everyone who works in a major downtown building in other cities has a badge. But we keep them in our wallets, and the systems in place are still capable of giving clearance within the building.

Oh please, RFID scanning is still not all that great in longer ranges. Even transit companies can't get suitable range within 10 feet. They can only track people at turnstiles with current [[affordable) technology...and the credit card or transit card scanning on those machines hardly works half the time. In the case of office buildings, when they swipe or key in. But cameras? No.

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    Are they actually visible? Seems like a bigger risk IMO.

Yes, nearly everyone who works in a major downtown building in other cities has a badge. But we keep them in our wallets, and the systems in place are still capable of giving clearance within the building.
    Yes, it is visible, but I'm still not seeing the risk.

Yes, it is visible, but I'm still not seeing the risk.
    So, you're either near-sighted or legally blind.

Wearing a corporate badge outside the company makes you a distinct TARGET for those who think nefariously. Anywhere from simply theft to corporate espionage...not to mention the potentially bad PR if said employees [[publicly advertising their allegiance) engage in bad behavior. It is immediately linked to the corporate identity. That is simply stupid in so many ways I cannot begin to list them.

So, yeah...in our little pond, these fishes don't mind waving bait around for the sharks. I call it simple ignorance, but it may be directed from on high...

Oh please, RFID scanning is still not all that great in longer ranges. Even transit companies can't get suitable range within 10 feet. They can only track people at turnstiles with current [[affordable) technology...and the credit card or transit card scanning on those machines hardly works half the time. In the case of office buildings, when they swipe or key in. But cameras? No.

That might explain the lonely one at emporer-height in each of those clusters around the perimeter of One Woodward...

But there are many ways to identify a person automatically...facial and gait recognition being likely the most common, after cell-phone id. You cannot tell me THAT doesn't have longer ranges, you can be triangulated within a cell zone. RFID has powers that are not publicly known...you only hear about the 'features' that are welcome to the populace.

If it wasn't effective, why would they be pushing it so hard?!

You'll hear most of the unwelcome capabilities from those who use scanners and wander around cracking and hacking...and some of those reports are damning. RFID is one of the most insidiously dangerous technologies ever.

So, you're either near-sighted or legally blind.

Wearing a corporate badge outside the company makes you a distinct TARGET for those who think nefariously. Anywhere from simply theft to corporate espionage...not to mention the potentially bad PR if said employees [[publicly advertising their allegiance) engage in bad behavior. It is immediately linked to the corporate identity. That is simply stupid in so many ways I cannot begin to list them.

So, yeah...in our little pond, these fishes don't mind waving bait around for the sharks. I call it simple ignorance, but it may be directed from on high...
    Lol, paranoid much? Walking around campus martius [[between your own company's buildings) with your badge on is dangerous, huh? I don't walk around off hours with my badge on. When at work and walking to another building? Yea, probably going to keep it on for that dangerous two minute walk. I'm risky like that.

Lol, paranoid much? Walking around campus martius [[between your own company's buildings) with your badge on is dangerous, huh? I don't walk around off hours with my badge on. When at work and walking to another building? Yea, probably going to keep it on for that dangerous two minute walk. I'm risky like that.

I'm not paranoid at all. Aware, yes.

I've heard you Quickens like to live on the edge. That can be pretty exciting for a while. Enjoy while you can.

The few times I've done photography for my blog in the Campus Maritus area - an immersive experience in which I might sit in a single spot and take pictures for 5-10 minute spans - I always get these sneaking suspicions that I'm somehow being watched or have been "noticed". That might sound paranoid, and I recognize that it very well may be, but I have a hunch that they REALLY watch the area.

Quote Originally Posted by nain rouge View Post
    The few times I've done photography for my blog in the Campus Maritus area - an immersive experience in which I might sit in a single spot and take pictures for 5-10 minute spans - I always get these sneaking suspicions that I'm somehow being watched or have been "noticed". That might sound paranoid, and I recognize that it very well may be, but I have a hunch that they REALLY watch the area.
    Meanwhile, a bunch of common citizens were probably observing your behavior.

Meanwhile, a bunch of common citizens were probably observing your behavior.
    I know they watch me WHERE EVER I go.

Quote Originally Posted by nain rouge View Post
    As long as you're not carrying any pressure cookers, you should be good to go.

Here's a great rant on "The Paranoia of The State" and its motivation: Hartmann: Bring Back my Boring, Predictable, Responsible Bureaucrats!

I saw this one out on the streets the other night and had to take a pic. I heard a story about one of these popping up at a local shop. Rock security team showed up, distracted the shop keep while another agent took it off the door. Sounds like they might be a little self conscious about the image being portrayed by all of this "security". I am surprised the news hasn't covered this.... LOL.

Name:  6ab2cf0cc9b311e2ab6b22000aa8004d_5.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  4.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Pheasant View Post
    I saw this one out on the streets the other night and had to take a pic. I heard a story about one of these popping up at a local shop. Rock security team showed up, distracted the shop keep while another agent took it off the door. Sounds like they might be a little self conscious about the image being portrayed by all of this "security". I am surprised the news hasn't covered this.... LOL.

Name:  6ab2cf0cc9b311e2ab6b22000aa8004d_5.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  4.8 KB
    Just so I'm understanding this. Two of Gilbert's private security squad, came into a private store, and without permission, and removed this poster?

as was said earlier, those new small ones on light poles are for emergency vehicles and fire. they will switch geen for them so they dont have to slow down and go around cars in left lane and stop those crossing on green.
    all big cities have them.

It was a sticker not a poster.

Here's a fine update to this thread.

http://www.infowars.com/new-mesh-net...s-spy-cameras/

In light of the new NSA devices that building owners are being forced to bolt onto the sides of their buildings...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast