I hear you Umbound. Your voice needs to be heard among the others. Everyone of middle eastern decent is NOT running a scam, rude or racist. I shop at stores in Detroit and Dearborn were the merchants work tirelessly to provide good service, with kindness and respect, sometimes in areas where most would not bother to set up shop. Thank you for your comments, and I hope to hear more from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbound View Post
I feel a little compelled now to post since I am Chaldean and my family runs stores in the city. Also a correct term for people from the middle east would just be to refer to them as 'of middle eastern' decent rather then clumping us all and to one word. I take a little offense when called arab.

Regardless EastsideAl is right in part that cities have certain groups that do just happen to come from a part of world where the ethnicity is common. As far as a general assumption that all stores/storeowners are racist and treat blacks with no respect, run scams on everything imaginable etc. is just wrong and racist. At my families stores we treat everyone with dignity and respect.