Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    Thanks, gnome!! I've been thinking a bit about the picnic. In fact, when I was over on Belle Isle last week to attend the Preservation Detroit Membership Event, I scoped out the usual spot. I actually had no problem getting there, bearing left as I came off the bridge, turning left onto Central Ave. and taking a right on Muse to Loiter Way.

Belle Isle is our tradition, one that I would prefer to keep, if possible, for our 11th Annual DetroitYES Picnic. Tradition also calls for the picnic to be on Memorial Day Sunday, starting around noon and running until whenever. We usually hang out at the intersection of Muse and Loiter Way, across from the Flynn Skating Pavilion. Plenty of parking. Restrooms nearby.

Re: Milliken State Park, it was a bit crazy last year on Grand Prix Sunday. They had most of the park reserved, so we lucked out, ending up in that corner spot. I imagine that on Memorial Day weekend, the place is fully reserved.

Re: Windmill Pointe Park, definitely a beautiful park with all the amenities, but not sure we want to go outside the D.

Re: Mount Elliott Park, it does look nice [[as viewed from Google Earth), but have public restrooms been installed yet?

Anyone interested in attending the DetroitYES picnic, please make your interest and preferences known so that we can make plans.
    Kathleen the western part of the Park at Windmill Pointe is actually in Detroit. One of the reasons why I suggested the park.

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    Kathleen the western part of the Park at Windmill Pointe is actually in Detroit. One of the reasons why I suggested the park.
    The few times I've been there, I had to meet GP friends @ the gate to get in. How are you going to get everyone in? [[I'm NOT looking for a fight, it's just a question). Thanx.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; May-02-13 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    The few times I've been there, I had to meet GP friends @ the gate to get in. How are you going to get everyone in? [[I'm NOT looking for a fight, it's just a question). Thanx.
    HT I would take of the details with the gate. One other park to meet that hardly is ever mentioned is Detroit's "other" jewel Palmer Park. We could meet in the area around the Merrill Fountain and the Log Cabin. If anyone was interested I would not mind leading a tour around Palmer Park Apartment Historic District.