Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
Seems like a no-brainer to me. The hypothesized economic incentive for I-375 never materialized; the exact opposite happened. Might as well return as much land as possible back to development so that it can generate actual revenue for the city.
I don't quite understand your comments... the reason for I-375 and M-10 south of the I-75 interchanges was to move people in and out of downtown quickly [[either from the tunnel, or from downtown businesses)... and not based on any economic reasons??

To convert I-375 into a streetlevel boulevard will cost hundreds of millions of dollars... [[money that nobody has right now) and the amount of land that will be freed for other business uses is minimal [[and would likely not be cost effective). Also... I doubt that many folks would want any commercial activity on the east [[Lafayette Park) side of the "former freeway".

Also.. putting I-375 at ground level will just create another very intimidating roadway for pedestrians to cross... such as Jefferson between I-375 and M-10... and would do little to promote the integration of downtown and Lafayette Park.