Cliffy, what I'm getting out of your post's are "de-fund city services as an incentive to purge them of corruption". this is wrong for a-couple reasons:
1. De-funding a service won't stop people from stealing from that service; they will instead shift money around so that they still get their elevated pay check
2. If we did de-fund services for corruption, Detroit's budget would be tighter than it already is.
3. Where would this money come from? Do you honestly not believe that the city is low on cash as is?
4. The only thing this could accomplish is pay cuts for the workers [[and that is assuming the unions agree to pay cut) and lessening services the city is already struggling to provide.
Look, corruption sucks I get that, But Even if we managed to eliminate ALL of the corruption in the city how much money would that really give us? Even if it was some ridiculous number like 100 million that would not be enough to fix Detroit's deficit. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that we shouldn't try to get rid of corruption, I'm just saying that I don't like your idea.