This afternoon I went to the city center of Leeuwarden to do some shopping. On top of one of the parking garages there was an old-timer meeting taking place and there was enough Detroit steel to admire. Here's a photo collection of today.

Right off the bat is this stunning looking Cadillac. The owner told me this is an unrestored example! Hard to believe but he told me that every day he's polishing something on it. And the result is there.

Didn't know about that one. A rather advanced technique where the lights dim a bit as not to blind oncoming traffic.

Here's a nice looking 1979 Firebird. Also looking pretty smart and no rust [[though there is some chipping on the bumper).

This one must be quite common over there in the US. A Chrysler New Yorker, actually imported from the New York area. The previous owner was a gay man. [[Dunno why that info was relevant for the present owner, but I guess gays tend to look well after their cars...) Anyway, he bought it for his wife... because it was smaller than his own car, which follows this car in this series.

And indeed, compared to the New Yorker his car is an aircraft carrier. This beast is a bit rare around these parts of the world, and certainly in this condition! A 1973 Chrysler Imperial. After the purchase he found a birth certificate in the glove compartment of a woman born in 1911. She was the previous owner so she bought this battleship when she was 68!
Right near by there was a Fiat 500 parked. This car could park on the hood alone.

I knew the head lights were hidden in the grill but the owner was so kind to show them to me.

The owner of this baby blue Chevrolet doesn't give a rat's ass about how his car is looking, he enjoys it and calls it his Smurfmobile. It doesn't show, in fact this picture is a bit generous, but the paint is done... with a brush. It's got a parking sensor when backing up into his garage; when the bumper hits the wall, he's in.

Here's another beast. This Chevrolet used to work at a funeral parlour and is now just a ship of fun. Als quite a challenge to park over here.

Interesting hood ornament. The top of a Grolsch bottle

More muscle from the seventies, a Trans Am.

More to follow.