Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

View Poll Results: Best compromise for safety and walkability/interesting and involved neighborhood?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Corktown

12 25.53%
  • Downtown

15 31.91%
  • Midtown

17 36.17%
  • New Center

4 8.51%
  • Woodbridge

9 19.15%
  • Hamtramck

6 12.77%
  • Further South/west than Corktown

6 12.77%
  • Ferndale

10 21.28%
  • Royal Oak

16 34.04%
  • Plymouth

11 23.40%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Hybrid View

Bham1982,

I completely agree with you 100%. I'm kind of puzzled by reading post about people moving ANYWHERE sight-unseen. Even if it's the next town over. And they're willing to take advice from people they've never met.

My advice is do yourself a favor and take a short trip and see the area first hand before you move to a place. That's common sense.

I don't get it...

illWill, See the response to Bham. You're right, it is common sense, and of course we're visiting. That doesn't stop us from asking for peoples' thoughts about where we should look when we do. It also makes sense not to judge an area only by a few hours visit, and to seek out the advice of those more familiar with it. Thanks for your thoughts!

How can Woodbrigde be safe! No ghettohood in Detroit is safe.

Yes, to some extent I agree Danny. One block south of 12 street and you're toast for stepping out of Woodbridge; a few blocks north along Trumbull and you have that 'hell' known as Ferry Pk Street/ Linwood etc. And Grand River and say Warren, let's not even go there... horrid.

I grew up all of these areas, went to Murray-Wright HS, live on Commonwealth before I left there area, so this is not stuff I am googling...

I can only present areas that are 'safer' in the city appose to areas that are just 'done'. No area is really safe.... nope. Woodbridge and Midtown does have WSU policing and that is a big plus but there have still be some problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    How can Woodbrigde be safe! No ghettohood in Detroit is safe.
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-16-13 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    One block south of 12 street and you're toast for Woodbridge, a few blocks north along Trumbull...
    Both 12th Street and Trumbull run North and South.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; April-15-13 at 12:58 PM.

That's right HT. Thanks. Both heading south take you to the joy of Ferry Pk... LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Both 12th Street and Trumbull run North and South.