Hey. I'm moving to Detroit for the summer to work as a legal associate for the UAW. I also have a small dog [[like 18 pounds, so not an issue if they allow any dogs at all). I need a month-to-month rental in a relatively safe neighborhood [[perhaps I should disclose I'm a woman here? Though I am over 6 feet and well-built, heh). My car isn't worth much [[1997 Buick with a big dent and a cassette player), so I doubt it'll be targeted much.

I would like to find something for under $700, though $500 would be better. If I can't find something shortly, I may just get an extended stay hotel room out in the suburbs for about $900 per [[I like hotels, and there are no utilities or cable/internet payments to worry about). I was looking at a couple of the cheap lofts but they appear to be run by a slumlord from everything I see on here.

So, to complete this late-night ramble of parantheticals, any advice would be appreciated. I've lived in cities but never in Detroit, but something relatively close to downtown and/or the ballpark would be great if that's workable. I'm equally okay driving a bit.