Last week, I rode my bike to and from work.

In order to make it there on time I would have to leave at least 2 hours early before I'm suppose to be there.

Getting there has never been a problem. I make sure to ride on the right side of the street when I do get my share of high traffic in the area.

Getting home sometimes is a different story. Even with my front and back light on my bike, some cars would intentionally steer close enough to try to scare me to death [[this occurred on the night of July 3 on Joy Rd), but I shake it off and keep going.

State law says I have every right to ride on the far right side of the street as long as I'm adhering to the rules of the road. Both the curb and the sidewalk are dangerous depending on what street you're on. I have to deal with making sure that I don't run over any glass or anything to flatten my tire. So far I've been lucky.

The city has starting putting bike lanes on Belle Isle and Downtown. Now if only that could be done for the rest of the city. The bike racks on ALL DDOT buses would help very much.

The high insurance here in Detroit, the gas prices is more than enough of an incentive to start biking.