Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post

In other cities with very high land prices, such as Boston, Chicago, and elsewhere... the incentive is to keep the housing since it generated more income, than in Detroit. So even comparing Detroit with many of those other cities is apples and oranges...
Are you talking about around the ballpark? If so then the area around Comiskey has no housing around it except for a senior housing high rise and a CHA housing project both of which are south of the ballpark. The area around Comiskey is nothing but a bunch of parking lots for at least a block in all directions from the ballpark. There is a train viaduct and a 14 lane expressway with the CTA red line running in the middle of it. So the area around Comiskey isn't too fan friendly. Now go on up to Wrigley Field and it's all yuppie along with some bars and a street scene, you can get that around Comiskey you just have to walk into Bridgeport.

I don't know what the Tiger Stadium area was like when the Tigers played there but I've been past it since it's been demolished and the area seems very dead and pretty wide open, it doesn't feel like an urban neighborhood at all. Now if you go across Michigan Avenue from the ballpark I noticed some real nice rowhouses but those were only for a few blocks.

Getting off topic a little but in the same part of town, I drove to Detroit to see the Hawks play the Wings recently and noticed that the train station has some new windows. Is this some kind of joke or something? Because it only had two new windows and they were towards the top of the building. I have always wondered when that building is going to meet it's date with the wrecking ball, it looks like it's in pretty rough shape.