Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Default 5 drinking buddies

I'll think it's a good idea to provide tax benefits to GLBT couples and polygamists as soon as the law also allows that I can put my disabled brother and my 5 drinking buddies from the VFW club on my employer provided health insurance and that I can pass my estate free of estate taxes to them and anyone else I choose. And what is a bisexual couple anyway

Quote Originally Posted by CassTechGrad View Post
    I'll think it's a good idea to provide tax benefits to GLBT couples and polygamists as soon as the law also allows that I can put my disabled brother and my 5 drinking buddies from the VFW club on my employer provided health insurance and that I can pass my estate free of estate taxes to them and anyone else I choose. And what is a bisexual couple anyway
    are you really this stupid or is it an act?

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    This is really the bottom line, and the reason why these discussions tend to degenerate. I think it's really hard for the rest of us to understand why this simple concept seems so damn difficult for Catholics and evangelical Christians.

And, although I admit that I've never understood their position on matters of civil law in a free and pluralistic society, I guess from their perspective it's hard for them to understand why it isn't self-evident to the rest of us that we should bend to their superior God-informed will on matters of "morality".

The catholic church for matters of strict control over their flock has built a system that is founded on marriage. Marriage is the key to building a church, and if the church holds dominion over the family unit at its inception, it does everything in its power not to relinquish or share control of the family with the state or another church.

Just axe HenryVIII what the pope told him about marriage and dissolution. Then axe him what he answered the pope. Now think of how dramatic that little family affair has become over time. The catholic church does not want to share or recognize a Vegas junket, it doesnt want to admit to a radical shift in family constructs that would dissolve its authority over time. This is in part a statistical choice; a political one by the way.; the percentage of potent homosexual families is limited as opposed to the vast majority of straight families. Homosexuality is seen as an impediment to family building and therefore an affront to the domination of church hierarchy over families.

Marriage is so important to the catholic church that nuns are said to marry Jesus Christ in liturgy because that symbolic means potency and is a very important alternative to the building block of family units that could be created in its stead.
    Last edited by canuck; April-28-13 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CassTechGrad View Post
    If you want to marry [[currently) a friend of the opposite sex you can, and you can get all the benefits. I don't think there are many people who do that.

There are a lot of people, especially poorer people, who marry for financial and other practical reasons, and not because they're madly in love with the person.

Today at 4pm there is a prayer vigil/ protest in front of Catholic HQ downtown:
    http://www.freep.com/article/2013050...neron-Marriage

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7