I wondering if there were any maps of following the migration of whites from the city to the suburbs. Think of those immigration maps of arrows with numbers coming from Europe and Central/American showing the amount of immigrants coming to the US. Or I also remember a map of the slave trade and the amount of Africans that were taken and where they were sent.

I know for the most part it had to do with geography; the Poles and Italians of the East side moved up into Macomb County, while the Jews of the West side moved up into Oak Park and Southfield. But did people move based on where their neighbors move?

On a micro scale, my grandparents moved from Harlow St. on the west side to Royal Oak because they needed more house for their growing family. It would be interesting to follow their neighbors who moved out. Did they go to Royal Oak? Or to Southfield? Or to the Ferndale? Etc... So it would be interesting to map out full neighborhoods and the different suburbs these residents moved to for whatever reason.

Hopefully this makes sense...