Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I mean the stock market. Posts #10 and #11. We can't know for sure the reasons for a 7% drop since GM announced its bankruptcy, but we can take an educated guess. Why would auto supplier stocks go down if GM lost further auto sales to Toyota? But, I can understand why supplier stock would go down with the announcement that GM would renig on the amounts they owe suppliers.
    Last edited by mjs; July-11-09 at 02:45 PM.

The Oracle of Omaha, Warren Buffett, maybe famous, but he must know nothing about economics, the free market, running a business or the proper role of government. He also thinks another stimulus is most probably needed!

ccbatson Guest

Still a guess...I put my bet on the house passing a huge tax on business in the form of cap and trade as the cause of the drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    Thank You, to all of the forum contributors who have served their country in the armed forces and in the peace corps.
    Political talk from politicians is cheap. Those who have walked the walk are the ones who have kept this experiment going.
    Thanks, people.

Please bump or sign on....
    Semper Fi.

Well, the purpose of this thread was simple. It was to thank any contributors who have taken action to serve this country. It seemed appropriate, on Independence Day, to put down the beer and hot dog for a second and just say thanks, and encourage others to do so.
    Instead, we have a tit for tat political discussion, which could have been done on other posts. Can we have one simple thread, to simply give thanks?

Sorry Bobl and thank you to all you men and women.

ccbatson Guest

And now, a market uptick...why? Goldman and Sachs...unfortunately, that is a house of cards.

Very succinct, bats, but most would agree that the post has nothing to do with the thread.
    2,260 posts. Very impressive.

I should have known better than to encourage wishes of support for those who walked the walk. Instead we get redundancies from those who talk, and talk, and talk.....

ccbatson Guest

I have to give that one to you Bobl...as I look back at the preceding posts, I can't recall why I put that comment here.

It's was highly unethical to slaughter over 400 million Native American Tribes and make slaves out of Africans just to create the United States of America, a free nation that was once belong to the Native Americans. Now its for everyone.

ccbatson Guest

Slavery is and was wrong, and was not a necessary element in the creation of this country.

Regarding Native American Indians, it is not that simple. Land was purchased/traded for and later contested with violence such that some [[certainly not all) of the actions of a young colony at that time followed justified provocation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2