Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Charles Gauss's final location [[as far as I know- and now gone looks like)- and Wetzel did this one as well.
    Name:  Gauss second location.jpg
Views: 843
Size:  301.4 KB

xdet High Street is now the Fisher Freeway. To be honest when I run across any information on a building on High I pass right by it. Its disappointing as the number of buildings I have found is substantial and reads like a who's who of Detroit's architects.

There are a three more pages to the tobacco thread that Eastside Al linked early in this thread. This link has all four pages linked, although you'll have to go back after viewing each page for the next link. [[ there really should be a prominent link to the HoF threads somewhere on this site, and organizing them by subject}

http://www.atdetroit.net/forum/messa...tml?1227151144

Hornwrecker!

As I just posted in the "Gilbert SELLS Building in Capitol Park" thread, one of the still-standing remnants of Detroit's cigar-making past was just the subject of a high-profile real estate transaction. The old Brown Brothers Tobacco Co. Newsboy Cigar factory at 119 State St. at the corner of Shelby was just sold by Dan Gilbert's Bedrock Real Estate to the Lear Corp. for use as Lear's Innovation and Design Center.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2