I can't find a thread on this here, but I was another forum recently and noticed they had a thread on Michigan Central Station being cleaned up by volunteers. There was a guy who posted pictures of himself with 49 others cleaning up the inside a week ago and then there was another article in the DFP posted where 70 Daimler employees were cleaning up Roosevelt park in front of it, raking garden beds and planting reed grass and sedum http://www.detnews.com/article/20090...relict-station
The poster was trashed to no end with personal attacks for volunteering and I saw no more pictures of what's happening with that place. It didn't surprise me. If I volunteered and posted and was trashed, I wouldn't post again either. I realize people have issues with Mouron and we have a lot of complainers in Windsor too over the bridge. But, this is such an amazing feat of architecture for this local area that was almost demo'd and a lot of volunteers took the time to clean it up to show that it's worth saving. Being that I'm from across the river and not down that much, is there anyone from that group here or will anyone be posting more pictures of the progress on what's happening with the MCS? Is Mouron going to put windows on it in the future if it's cleaned up. I wish there was more positive feedback on what's happening and going to happen with that place.