Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Chinman View Post
    my only question is about parking. yes...it will help the folks who live downtown, but if they are hoping to get a shopping person, where can they park for free or cheaply for length of time?
    Everybody will need those little pull carts to their groceries back to their cars. "Are you homeless or do you shop at Papa Joe's?"

Quote Originally Posted by ismoakrack [[original poster not edited) View Post
    Sorry Zacha, whenever I paste a quote inside the box, it always quotes the previous poster.
    Yet it this case, it didn't. Or it was edited.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    downtownguy, bringing back an old style five and dime especially a Kresge's with a lunchcounter, with old channel letter signage and old style uniforms for the staff might be a nice touch. Remember the old goofy turquoise colored icing on cakes at Woolworth's?
    I dont think we need to bring anything back from 1955 except unemployment under 10 percent

Quote Originally Posted by jaytheory View Post
    I dont think we need to bring anything back from 1955 except unemployment under 10 percent

Ok. Maybe less turquoise icing on the cakes. But I think the diner atmospherics of an old style lunchcounter has a stake on a city block. I mean the latter day burger joints dont do much more than dolly up a burger and serve up a pint f beer for a pretty penny. Let's this gilbertization of downtown will drop the Unemployment rate some.

Papa Joe's is also opening a store in the RenCen, it appears. Also, some bad news, the initial store is expected to not open until April 2014 now.
    http://www.mlive.com/business/detroit/index.ssf/2013/05/another_papa_joes_gourmet_mark.html

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Papa Joe's is also opening a store in the RenCen, it appears. Also, some bad news, the initial store is expected to not open until April 2014 now.
    http://www.mlive.com/business/detroit/index.ssf/2013/05/another_papa_joes_gourmet_mark.html
    The city sometimes put small business through a lot of red tape just to open. Whole Foods want to reign for a while and don't want any competition just yet. I would not be surprise that the city is giving Gilbert and hard time for the city supported Whole Foods. Gilbert had said that he wanted to open pop up shops along Woodward this summer. Bing and the city is probably giving him a hard time on that plan as well

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3