Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    The media isn't taking Howze nor Crittendon seriously, and they're not being given enough exposure to make their platforms and policies known. The media seems to be pushing the black/white circus.
    I definitely agree on this, except I would single out the two major dailies as the worst. I, too, want to know more about Howze and Crittendon. Deadline Detroit did an excellent interview with Crittendon here: link to article I think they plan to do the same with each candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    I definitely agree on this, except I would single out the two major dailies as the worst. I, too, want to know more about Howze and Crittendon. Deadline Detroit did an excellent interview with Crittendon here: link to article I think they plan to do the same with each candidate.

Thanx DTG, and I did read that, because as I've stated in previous posts, I don't feel I can get completely behind any one candidate yet. What I was referring to, was it seems every other day, either Napoleon, or Duggan are being mentioned on TV, the papers, something. You rarely hear anything about Howze or Crittendon. [[not after Bing ended her Consent Agreement challenge). They just aren't getting the same kind of exposure. IMO.

Athletes that are not ready for the competition also don't get the media coverage that the top contenders so.

Ask yourself if Crittenden or Howze have eneough money to run this race. I doubt it. Howze's big announcement that the numbers the state is using to compute Detroit's financial picture are wrong was laughable. How would an outsider and her assistant ever get numbers that took insiders years to get and months to compute. She also is playing to the Joann Watson crowd.

I think Benny has a lot of gravitas. He has the degrees, money eneough apparently and a boatload of political experience.
    I won't be voting for him because he is somehow mixed up with Sahon McPhail and she is somehow mixed up with KK.

Does anyone remeber if Napoleon was Archer's COP or ever Kilpatrick's COP. Did he resign or get fired?

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    Athletes that are not ready for the competition also don't get the media coverage that the top contenders so.

Does anyone remeber if Napoleon was Archer's COP or ever Kilpatrick's COP. Did he resign or get fired?
    Archer. From http://www.waynecounty.com/sheriff_d..._bnapoleon.htm

[[Napoleon) was appointed Chief of Police by the Honorable Mayor Dennis W. Archer in 1998. After 26 plus years of distinguished service, Chief Napoleon retired from the Detroit Police Department in 2001.
    As for whether Crittendon and Howze have enough money, that shouldn't dissuade the media from covering them. They are still legit candidates with far more experience in government than say, Dave Bing had when he ran for mayor.

Thanks for the info about Napoleon.
    I don't dispute that Lisa Howze has some legislative experiene. But her position on Detroit's debt is fantastical.
    As to Crittenden- she was a lawyer toiling in a pack of lawyers until she was jumped up to corporation counsel when her boss was fired. Do you doubt at all that her appointment was made to gain points somewhere? A life-long bureaucrat with no remarkable work and two years as a department boss. How does she have governing experience to equal Mike Duggan's and Benny Napoleon's?

All the union leaders are lining up behind him. He must be good.

I sent him [[and Mr. Duggan) a long letter of my concerns. I hope that they are addressed in the debates. I'm not committing to "anyone" for my vote. I want real solutions, not bullet-point feel-good rhetoric. right now, it's obviously hip to oppose the EFM. But beyond that, what are the candidates' policy plans and vision to address Detroit's myriad needs? They have to run on a platform that goes way deeper than "I'm not the EFM".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3