Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    I don't get it, Rap. Do you think the media 'disdain' excuses 'protest without purpose'?
    " those who are vocally opposing the undemocratic imposition of emergency managers on their cities — with disdain and a sincere wish that they would go away and find better things to do."

I'm well aware that not everyone feels democracy is important, but not everyone is foolish and or racist enough to think that Ayn Rand was a great patriot!
    Last edited by RapBrown; March-30-13 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RapBrown View Post
    ...I'm well aware that not everyone feels democracy is important, but not everyone is foolish and or racist enough to think that Ayn Rand was a great patriot!
    Democracy is important. Author Ayn Rand chose it over totalitarianism.

Orr appears to agree:
    “Detroiters need their elected representatives on the job and working collaboratively toward the solutions that will solve our immediate financial crisis and position the city to grow and thrive,” Orr said this afternoon. “I wanted the first order issued to reaffirm how important the Mayor and City Council members are to Detroit’s turnaround.”
    Spokesman Bill Nowling said today that one of the aims of the new emergency manager law is to maintain a functioning city government when an emergency manager is appointed.
    Orr has issued a challenge to the council.
    "I want to offer a sincere olive branch and an opportunity for us to work together," Orr said, noting that he'll be working on the same floor as the mayor's office. "I envision them participating in this process to the extent permitted by law."
    Do you think they'll take it on?
    Last edited by Wesley Mouch; March-30-13 at 03:23 PM.

Ayn Rand was a clever racist she was able to dupe racists into thinking their racism isn't racism. Ayn Rand was a racist in the same way Glenn Beck is a racist.
    She knew she couldn't argue against the fundamental evil that is racism, so she attempted to cloak white supremacy in an economic philosophy and people like her have found it useful to do the same thing ever since.
    She was the Glenn Beck/Karl Rove/Lee Atwater of her time, trying to use language to justify a white supremacist ideology. Her ideas are still popular with many, including her namesake Rand Paul, and now Rick Snyder.

Snyder treats the word "democracy" much like the Bush admin used phrasing like
    "Healthy Forests Initiative" and the "Clear Skies Act" that loosened restrictions on polluters. It really means the opposite, but it sounds good.

While I can't vouch for everyone's motivation in this argument, yours is more than clear.

Mine is also, I'm a fan of Democracy, It matters!
    Last edited by RapBrown; March-30-13 at 06:13 PM.

Blah blah racist blah blah blah, racist blah blah. Racist blah blah blah racist. Blah racists blah racist. Racism blah racists racism blah blah. Blah racist blah.

Quote Originally Posted by RapBrown View Post
    Ayn Rand was a clever racist she was able to dupe racists into thinking their racism isn't racism. Ayn Rand was a racist in the same way Glenn Beck is a racist.
    ...snip...
    Do you really mean to suggest that John Galt wasn't black? That could change the whole meaning of Atlas Shrugged for me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4