Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

It won't be long till this is found unconstitutional then you racists can really crow!

Quote Originally Posted by RapBrown View Post
    It won't be long till this is found unconstitutional then you racists can really crow!
    Do you have it in your noggin that some may be against Jesse Jackson's antics and NOT be racist?! He is a hypocritical clown who drums up controversy and division and racism everywhere he goes.

That doesn't mean the EFM/EM law is in any way in line with the spirit of the people. We voted out 'laws like this', not just one specific example of it that could be immediately replaced by the interlopers from Lansing.

no that never occurred to me, and by the comments so far I don't think that's possible!

What the hell business is it of Jesse Jackson's to be in Detroit protesting this? Seriously, the guy is a freaking civil rights leader, this has nothing to do with civil rights. Detroit is in bad shape and obviously people like Dave Bing have done an awful job of running Detroit, starting with Coleman Young and going all the way now to Dave Bing this city here has lacked professional leadership ever since. The only mayor of Detroit that I ever thought had his head on right and was actually trying to make Detroit a better place was Dennis Archer, outside of him everyone has been awful since Coleman. Jesse Jackson needs to go back home, he has no business being here protesting this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian1979 View Post
    What the hell business is it of Jesse Jackson's to be in Detroit protesting this? Seriously, the guy is a freaking civil rights leader, this has nothing to do with civil rights.
    yes, it does. in many ways. first, it usurps the citizens of the right to self-governance. second, the legislature did an end-around of a voter-created amendment to the state constitution.

even though I believe it is needed because the City Council has done nothing to help the city, I hate the idea of it

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    yes, it does. in many ways. first, it usurps the citizens of the right to self-governance. second, the legislature did an end-around of a voter-created amendment to the state constitution.

even though I believe it is needed because the City Council has done nothing to help the city, I hate the idea of it
    well, the citizens of the State will have a chance to speak to that "end around" in the coming elections. Won't they? Ken Cockerell summed it up perfectly:
    "The city of Detroit by far is the largest city in the state of Michigan. We also have the largest concentration of voters. But you know what the problem is? Most of those registered voters don't go to the polls. They don't vote," Cockrel said. "There is absolutely no reason that the city of Detroit doesn't hand-pick a governor every four years."
    It would only be a usurpation if there was no recourse. Each and everything about this entire situation can be overturned by electing candidates that will do it. First step would be not sit out in non presidential election years.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    It would only be a usurpation if there was no recourse. Each and everything about this entire situation can be overturned by electing candidates that will do it. First step would be not sit out in non presidential election years.
    um, it is STILL a usurpation. the ability to overturn the decision does nothing to negate the fact

Please do not forget that EFM placements in the state of Michigan started and were endorsed under dem former gov. Granholm...

Quote Originally Posted by RapBrown View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Please do not forget that EFM placements in the state of Michigan started and were endorsed under dem former gov. Granholm...
    Actually the law has been place since 1990.

That said, realize there is a difference between an EM and an EFM. People are against the idea of an EM, not an EM.

^^^ Point well taken....