Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I think Jesse Jackson has refined the art of goading his opponents into unwittingly tipping their hands too early, too eagerly.

Yes, he does seem to have that technique mastered.

Quote Originally Posted by RapBrown View Post
    no that never occurred to me, and by the comments so far I don't think that's possible!
    For the record, I'm black, a Detroiter, and I'm also against Jesse JAckson's antics. He's an ambulance chaer, pure and simple.

Think about it. He and Sharpton didn't give Detroit a second thought prior to the appointment of a EM.

I am against the EM however, but not because it's a ploy by the Whte Republican Massas in Lansing to send us slaves back to the plantation. I'm against it largely because I don't believe they will be effective in solving Detroit's problems.
    Last edited by 313WX; March-24-13 at 10:44 AM.

Some don't allow themselves to hear critique without assuming there is an underlying cause. That doesn't negate that there ARE some racist idiots who also complain about Jesse comin' to town, and the dialog does sound similar...so those who see us white folk as a single unit cannot be faulted, but for some of us no matter what we say or do we get lumped together with the worst of those who share our lack of interesting pigmentation.

And that is racist behavior. Just treating people due the color of their skin. Only expecting certain things out of 'em.

I don't think that is solving the problem, just making it bigger and painting everyone into their respective corners so no-one can get close enough to realize we're all in this together.
    Last edited by Gannon; March-23-13 at 08:33 PM.

Regardless of how one feels about the EFM, we don't need professional race baiters coming here from out of town and trying to stir up trouble. I remember Coleman Young once said that Jesse Jackson never ran anything but his mouth.

Yeah, Rodman's chummy visit did not do much good. Next thing you know N. Korea's rattling the sabers again. Or maybe that is just a right-wing rumor......

Further, anyone can love and admire a dictator they DON'T HAVE TO LIVE UNDER.

Anyway, where was JJ when the city was being LOOTED which has in part delivered us to this day? Where was he and Sharpton over the last few years with all of the murders [[solved and unsolved) and crime; especially among innocent children, elder and teen victims and teen perpetrators???

Quote Originally Posted by the rock View Post
    First Dennis Rodman embarrasses the nation by flying to North Korea and hob-nobs with their wacko politicians. Then Jesse pulls the same stunt, traveling to Venezuela and delivering a glowing eulogy for Hugo Chavez,whose anti-American quotes are legendary of this despot.
    So it was a forgone conclusion that Jesse would soon be in Detroit to dictate to its citizens what, where, how and when they should act. I am sure Al Sharpton is waiting in the wings.
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-24-13 at 09:14 AM.

Coleman was right. He knew a con when he saw one...

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferL View Post
    Regardless of how one feels about the EFM, we don't need professional race baiters coming here from out of town and trying to stir up trouble. I remember Coleman Young once said that Jesse Jackson never ran anything but his mouth.

Interesting point.... but instead he moreover tips [[shows) the hands of his PROPONENTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    I think Jesse Jackson has refined the art of goading his opponents into unwittingly tipping their hands too early, too eagerly.
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-24-13 at 12:14 PM.

Uncovering missing moneys or ghost employees and other revenue diversions are not bad ideas...

Redirecting recovered funds and more to a battery of high paid, consultants and study groups would be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Maybe he'll uncover funds "missing"? Naw, that couldn't possibly happen.

Please do not forget that EFM placements in the state of Michigan started and were endorsed under dem former gov. Granholm...

Quote Originally Posted by RapBrown View Post
    It won't be long till this is found unconstitutional then you racists can really crow!

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Please do not forget that EFM placements in the state of Michigan started and were endorsed under dem former gov. Granholm...
    Actually the law has been place since 1990.

That said, realize there is a difference between an EM and an EFM. People are against the idea of an EM, not an EM.

^^^ Point well taken....

Also, if in fact the EM law [[PA 436) is deemed unconstitutional, it could be under the basis that despite the fact that the citizens of Michigan repealed a similar law in November of 2012, the state of Michigan is still attempting to grandfather the cities who were managed under PA 4 into a nearly identical law anyway, which it can't do.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    For the record, I'm black, a Detroiter, and I'm also against Jesse JAckson's antics. He's an ambulance chaer, pure and simple.

Think about it. He and Sharpton didn't give Detroit a second thought prior to the appointment of a EM.

I am against the EM however, but not because it's a ploy by the Whte republicans Massas in Lansing to send us slaves back to the plantation. I'm against it largely because I don't believe they will be ineffective in solving Detroit's problems.
    Allen Park's population is a white majority and they have an EFM. What's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    I'm against it largely because I don't believe they will be ineffective in solving Detroit's problems.
    You're right. More damage is done by people buying imports rather than Metro Detroit based products. That's America. When someone from Detroit does it... that's pathetic and they have no room to complain about anything else.

Uncovering missing moneys or ghost employees and other revenue diversions are not bad ideas...

Redirecting recovered funds and more to a battery of high paid, consultants and study groups would be a problem.
    I totally agree with you. I'm waiting 50 + years for some damn thing to change for the better, and it never does. Time to try something else. The information that came out and continues to come out from both the Kilpatrick trial, and the Mi State Financial Revue, is staggering. In my wildest imagination, I didn't think things were this bad. Lies, lies, and more lies. Detroit doesn't have the skillset or talent to solve this on their own, and that's fact.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; March-24-13 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    You're right. More damage is done by people buying imports rather than Metro Detroit based products. That's America. When someone from Detroit does it... that's pathetic and they have no room to complain about anything else.
    OOPS!!! I see the typo I made in that post. Thanks for pointing it out.

Quite a legitimate concern.

People demand 'input'. Government feels it must deliver input. So it hires consultants to do 'focus groups' and 'studies' so they can say they have collected public input. I often wonder how much of this is at all useful or of any value to the public.

I doubt Mayor Pingree did focus groups.

Unintended consequences. You try to control something, and you end up with all manner of expensive efforts by those in power to justify. This is why I favor small government. Ask government to deal with, say, public housing -- and what you get is no progress in real housing, and lots of high priced consultants getting paid for studies to show just how marvelously effective your bureaucrats were.

I wish Jackson and others brought about change by actually bringing up the idea of coalescence. Not a coalition, not a concensus, because this never truly happens but, coalescence of a metropolitan Detroit; something to look forward to. His presence is divisive because he implies that the city is being taken over by hordes of whites. The response by suburban Rizzos as Detroitnerd would say, is; This has nothing to do with us; again!

The only chace of success for a future Detroit is to break down the division, the implied success or failure tied to white bread vs black flag. Fuggit! It somehow will happen. I dont live there and I'm becoming impatient Gannon. I need a dime.

JJ comes to town at a hefty price, but that's how he rolls. MLK would have been so disappointed in this clown.

Someone please put this JACK=ass back in the box!

I call for a mass demonstration against Da'Rev.

I think there is apathy starting to gain momentum against Jackson from the people he says he represents. The protests he is trying to form are not that big. JMHO here. I think most people are tired of the status quo and want change.

What are Jackson's ideas to fix Detroit's finances? Real ideas, not just a wholesale bailout from Lansing or Washington.

Based on noontime news video there were around 40 people protesting downtown for Orr's first day in the office. Yesterday's Nain Rouge parade brought out around 4,000 people.

From this I conclude that people think the Nain Rouge is 100 times more dangerous to Detroit than Kevyn Orr, EM.

Quote Originally Posted by Det_ard View Post
    Based on noontime news video there were around 40 people protesting downtown for Orr's first day in the office....
    WWJ just now reported about 100.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast