Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I didnt mind the christmas lights , it eas fitting With the season , this is very different , these type of lights belong on 8 mile , :-) I'll swing by tonight a take a pic and try to post either via iPhone or figure out a way to load it via laptop. It's not the end of the world , but in my opinion when you are trying to rebuild lower Woodward can we please have some type of standards ? I thought that was the reason we don't have any billboards keeping a somewhat standard look ?
    It just caught my eye , not that I could change anything anyway :-)
    I was just disappointed

If you don't like the way this guy has some lights in his window, buy the property and advertise the way you like.

I think it is totally wrong for you to use the government to regulate the free speech rights of others.

With all these sign regulations, all I see are a bunch of commie's who hate Free Enterprise, and hate to see people advertising on their own property, and want to boost their own ego, by making sure signs are not visible, low to the ground, and hidden behind shrubs.

With today's control freaks in power, the Las Vegas strip would be decorated with one light bulb, lit only by the use of special use permit.

I mean really, what the hell, can't have a blinking light downtown, because people are supposed to think they are in the middle of the UP?

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitdave View Post
    Yes it is Jazz one block north of the old Hudson building same side of the street @ Bham yes I would rather see empty clean [[ Gilbert) rebuilt store fronts than that .
    Ok, I guess, but it seems weird to me. Why would abandonment be preferable? And who wants a city that is "empty and clean"? Sounds like Macomb Township. Cities are supposed to be messy places, with tacky stores as part of the mix. You think Manhattan lacks liquor stores?

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Ok, I guess, but it seems weird to me. Why would abandonment be preferable? And who wants a city that is "empty and clean"? Sounds like Macomb Township. Cities are supposed to be messy places, with tacky stores as part of the mix. You think Manhattan lacks liquor stores?
    Do Manhattan Liquor Stores have Christmas lights?

Drove by this afternoon and the lights are a bit much but I am more offended by the glaring sign on the bail bond joint west side of the street next to the Hilmehoch Brothers & Co. building.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Are you a dancer?
    LOL!!!! No, I'm not a dancer. It's just that I always rode the bus downtown, so I spent a lot of time looking out the windows and reading all the signs.

Any lights are better than no lights.

On Gratiot/Woodward/Grand River/Michigan/Jefferson throughout the city, the streets would be pitch black without the liquor stores.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Any lights are better than no lights.

On Gratiot/Woodward/Grand River/Michigan/Jefferson throughout the city, the streets would be pitch black without the liquor stores.
    God bless 'em. They provide a wonderful service in so many ways.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; March-23-13 at 11:25 PM.

oh yes, and the mayor...be him Bing and/or any other... has a personal mayor been point man in any business that granting a license in the city. tell me again how it works?
    i own a business in the city and at no point did i meet with the mayor to discuss my plans.

That store's nothin'! Have you seen that giant gaudy light display on that huge liquor store on Grand River next to the Lodge? That thing must be 15 stories tall! I hear they allow gambling there, too! Have they no shame?

Quote Originally Posted by KJ5 View Post
    That store's nothin'! Have you seen that giant gaudy light display on that huge liquor store on Grand River next to the Lodge? That thing must be 15 stories tall! I hear they allow gambling there, too! Have they no shame?
    You mean this place?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Smiles View Post
    If you don't like the way this guy has some lights in his window, buy the property and advertise the way you like.

I think it is totally wrong for you to use the government to regulate the free speech rights of others.

With all these sign regulations, all I see are a bunch of commie's who hate Free Enterprise, and hate to see people advertising on their own property, and want to boost their own ego, by making sure signs are not visible, low to the ground, and hidden behind shrubs.

With today's control freaks in power, the Las Vegas strip would be decorated with one light bulb, lit only by the use of special use permit.

I mean really, what the hell, can't have a blinking light downtown, because people are supposed to think they are in the middle of the UP?

So based on that I could buy the Freep building and make it a gentlmans / hip hop club with a 20 foot neon covered lady with blinking pasty lights in select locations.

It is called community standards ,if one cannot seem to see what happens when they are not in place then .......

Its a image thing if you want to portray your city as a dive then by all means run it like one,Las Vages has been remaking thier image for years to become more family oriented .

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Las Vages has been remaking thier image for years to become more family oriented .
    "Gee Dad, Can Tommy and I get hookers when we're done playing the slots?" "Go ask your mother".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2