Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Sooooo will all of Southfield eventually look like the Northland area with mostly empty office buildings?

Quote Originally Posted by D_Town View Post
    Sooooo will all of Southfield eventually look like the Northland area with mostly empty office buildings?
    hate to point out the obvious here, but anyone realize these corporations are moving out of inner ring suburbs where minority populations are increasing to downtown where reverse white flight has been identified by the last census. i shall take this moment to usher in 'reverse corporate flight'.

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    hate to point out the obvious here, but anyone realize these corporations are moving out of inner ring suburbs where minority populations are increasing to downtown where reverse white flight has been identified by the last census. i shall take this moment to usher in 'reverse corporate flight'.

You just legit blew my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    So, what you are saying is that Detroit may be adopting the European model of urbanization where the poor live on the outskirts and the rick in the city center?

This really isn’t that new and has been seen in other cities that gentrified over the past 20 years. Detroit is just a bit behind the curve.

Quote Originally Posted by tkelly1986 View Post
    So, what you are saying is that Detroit may be adopting the European model of urbanization where the poor live on the outskirts and the rick in the city center?

This really isn’t that new and has been seen in other cities that gentrified over the past 20 years. Detroit is just a bit behind the curve.
    guess cause it never came up. i though that it was 'the elephant in the room'. i only mention because of the large scale abandonment of the cbd. that's not too normal for any city.

i always wondered what all the midrise offce towers in southfield, troy, etc all concentrated in the cbd and what that would look like [[in addition to the current building stock).