Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    What adversity? This is customary for a person planning a run for President. Better this, than to remain in office while campaigning, shirking the responsibilities of the existing job while getting paid to do it [[pssst all of the other candidates for the 2008 election did this).
    Still playing the role of a Palin apologist, huh?

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Still playing the role of a Palin apologist, huh?
    I think Batts finds the video of Saracuda being exorcised by the Kenyan witch doctor erotic or something. What else can it be?

Why doesn't she just tell the straight honest truth instead of playing games?

Everyone knows she quit for more of a reason than not wanting to be a lame duck or because people were saying mean things about her as a public figure. Even her apologists are saying that she will be running for President.

So, what is it? Be honest. Stop playing stupid, boring games.

I think she will flip the "Gone Fishing" sign over and run for Pres in 2012.And if McCain had got someone else to run with him things would still have come out the same.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by xstigmatax View Post
    ''

Yeah she is so poor. She only has assets totaling over 1 million dollars. That hardly qualifies as trailer trash [[something you obviously know about) or poor. try again
    What? Are you her financial advisor? Her banker?

How would you know?

She's got over 500,000 in legal debt thus far, in addition, since she didn't return the borrowed wardrobe after the election, she's in effect stolen 150,000 from the RNC. Think there will be an investigation? Probably not.

Yeah, she's poor. But with a newly signed book deal, will no doubt do the chicken dinner circuit, speaking nutbabble to frothing crowds of psychophants, raking in tons of cash.

Disgusting really, since she's dumber than a doorkob, with literally nothing to say.

And yes, she's trailer trash, so is her family. Her daughter's ex-fiance lived in a trailer with a mother who was convicted of pushing meth.

You were probably dumb enough to vote for her. Grow up.

I think when Obama agreed to play ball, Palin was interjected to derail McCain [[think campaign finance reform). Any person with a half of a brain knew after speaking to this woman for five minutes, she would be a detriment to his campaign. She and McCain are just casualties in something much larger. Unfortunately for her she doesn't have the sense to realize it[[In true "Being there" fashion), and shut her mouth, or maybe she does [[hence the resignation).

Lorax Guest

Interesting thought. One I hadn't had. I have long believed that there was much more to the McCain campaign than met the eye.

The choice of Palin is largely believed to be a concoction of Richard Mellon Scaife, Bill Kristol, and the RNC. Also, Charles Keating and Carl Lindner were believed to be in on discussions of who to choose as well.

If it was designed to fail as you suggest, it's a distinct possibility, but I wonder if it was McCain himself who torpedoed his campaign by agreeing to it, since I genuinely think he was surprised that he won the nomination, and really didn't want it. Or, the RNC knew anyone they put up against a Democrat after years of Bush, was doomed to fail anyway, and felt the need to have a woman on the ticket, since Hillary was running on the Democratic side.

Food for thought.....

The pieces of the puzzle do fit with a little recollection. McCain does fancy himself a "Maverick", "Rebel" a "Non-conventionalist". His rhetoric had changed significantly regarding foreign affairs leading up to the campaign. I think he realized he had been had, and why he was so angry the last few months of his campaign. He was railroaded and he knew it.

ccbatson Guest

Statistics at the time show clearly that Palin helped, not hurt McCain.

I don't think so. Anyone that would support her, would never have voted for Obama anyway.

Statistics at the time show clearly that Palin helped, not hurt McCain.

ccbatson Guest

Huge bumps up in the polls after her nomination, and every debate/speech/appearance she made. You don't need to "think so", we know so.

Lorax Guest

Polls conducted by the Rethuglican Reich or Fox Noise don't constitute a poll worth reading.

Palin appeals to only the frothing masses who are largely self-identified hockey marms, racists, misogynists, xenophobes, homophobes, Evangelicals, psychophants, and the mentally defective.

In the world of the blind, the nearsighted Witch of Wasilla reigns as Queen.

Is this the majority of Americans? I don't think so.

I call them the base of the Rethuglican party.
    Last edited by Lorax; July-08-09 at 05:21 PM.

...and WE know McCain/Palin were not elected, so much for those huge bumps in the polls.

Huge bumps up in the polls after her nomination, and every debate/speech/appearance she made. You don't need to "think so", we know so.
    All that matters is the neo-cons lost, get over it.

She excited people that NEVER would have voted for Obama anyway. All it did is get some people to vote that might have stayed home on election day.

I doubt whether that would even happen in 2012 because almost everyone has actually seen how much of an idiot that she is.

It seems the posters on this thread are assuming that Ms. Palin will be the republican candidate for President in 2012.

After giving it more than a few minutes of thought, are thee any posters [libeal, moderate, or conservative] who really think she can survive the primary elections and have enough delegates to receive the nomination?

What other republicans are there who are physically and emotionally up to the demands of a campaign and stand a better chance of being the republican nominee?

Quote Originally Posted by jams View Post
    ...and WE know McCain/Palin were not elected, so much for those huge bumps in the polls.
    He means to say that people were going to vote for them before they voted against them.

After giving it more than a few minutes of thought, are thee any posters [libeal, moderate, or conservative] who really think she can survive the primary elections and have enough delegates to receive the nomination?
    No. not a chance. However, I don't believe that will stop her from running and being put out there as a national player. And that is the sad part. The more time she is out there in the public sphere, the smaller the national republican base gets. Either the two party system is a thing of the past, and we'll just have Democrats, a mushy middle ground amalgam of "independents", and a completely irrelevant republican party led by imbeciles and bible chuckers..... or the republicans need to spend some significant time in the next two years getting their act together. Running this moron... and she is a moron.... as a national party standard bearer is political malpractice. Hey, while they're at it, how about running Dan Quayle too. Bill Kristol should be banished from any serious intellectual conservative leadership position for foisting Caribou Barbie on the rest of America in the first place, but for sure he and the rest should be black balled for their continued support of this clearly unstable and unserious person.

What other republicans are there who are physically and emotionally up to the demands of a campaign and stand a better chance of being the republican nominee?
    That is sad too, isnt it? Jindal... too "ethnic" for a base made up of "birthers" and tea baggers. Sanford?...oops.... Mitt? too Mormon for the base. Huckabee? hey, that is a great choice, nothing like smacking everyone upside the head with a bible [[as an advocate of a "biblical" reformation of America) to get all those independents back into the tent. Christ? too gay. Huntsman? Off to China. Jeb Bush? I mean...really? Guliani? 9-11 will be more than 10 years past by then...referencing it in every. single. speech. will not work any better then than it did this time around. DeMint? Kyl? Corker? Can any republican currently in the Congress even describe their agenda? Do they have one other than "no" to everything....and tax cuts? Pawlenty? would he even carry his own state?

For the good of the country the republicans need to either get their collective shit together or disband. We need a national party to be a check and balance on one party rule, not to be a running joke.
    Last edited by bailey; July-09-09 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    We need a national party to be a check and balance on one party rule, not to be a running joke.
    no, we need to have 4, 5 or even 6 viable parties

Quote Originally Posted by Lorax View Post
    She's got over 500,000 in legal debt thus far, in addition, since she didn't return the borrowed wardrobe after the election, she's in effect stolen 150,000 from the RNC. Think there will be an investigation? Probably not.
    Lorax, you've got to start reading the news instead of the blogs [[or stop making things up).

Palin returned the wardrobe in January and, in May, the FEC dismissed all complaints against Palin and the RNC about the wardrobe.

ccbatson Guest

Those Facts will not disuuade the liberal smear brigade Jiminnm.

The election was in November. The clothes were only returned because of the news stories by the liberal media.

Regardless of that, Sarah Palin has no business even thinking about being President or VP.

Those Facts will not disuuade the liberal smear brigade Jiminnm.

Do you know how long it takes a pack of dogs to deliver $150,000 worth of clothing from Fairbanks to DC?

http://www.slate.com/id/2222523/

Lost in TranslationWhy Sarah Palin really quit us.

By Dahlia LithwickPosted Wednesday, July 8, 2009, at 5:09 PM ET

When America is finally ready to reckon with the phenomenon that was Sarah Palin, I suspect we will discover that whatever she represents actually had less to do with her gender, class, or ideology than we now believe. It's easy to look at the soon-to-be-former governor of Alaska as an iconic feminist, a path-breaking working mother, or noble rabble-rousing populist. But when the dust settles, the lesson may be that she was simply a woman who made no sense. Her meteoric rise and dubious fall will say less about America than you think, beyond the fact that America likes its politicians to communicate their ideas clearly. We will someday come to realize that while it's all well and good to be mavericky with one's policies, it's never smart to be mavericky with one's message.

Whatever you may think of Sarah Palin, she's widely celebrated as a rare and perhaps raw political talent. She's gorgeous, charismatic, warm, and funny. She has a remarkable ability to connect with her listeners. But—with the exception of a well-scripted performance at the Republican National Convention—it's tough to find an extemporaneous Palin speech, statement, or tweet that contains a coherent message. From her acceptance speech last August in Dayton, Ohio, when McCain first tapped her as a running mate, to her circular and swooping prime-time interviews, Palin's political skill lies in selling a persona but not a message. And in the end, this may explain why she quit.
    Palin's completely inscrutable resignation speech last week was only the most recent example of a lengthy political communication from her that explained nothing, clarified nothing, and expounded upon nothing, save for the fact that she speaks in riddles and koans. Watch it as many times as you like; you still come away feeling you've been treated to a cozy chat with the Mad Hatter. The media are bad. Those ethics complaints are expensive. Alaska was a great idea. She is not a dead fish. Put it all together and what do you get? A born fighter who has given us no sense whatsoever of what she's fighting for.
    I've never understood her appeal, whenever I listened to her "Gosh, schucks..." ramblings my eyes would glaze over.

The name escapes me, but she always reminded me of the lady that used to be on Second city, with John Candy and Gene Levy. Or Harold Green's sister.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast