Regardless, I'm doing it anyway. I'm a 25 year old single male that decided to jump on the cheap real estate bandwagon. I'm sick of renting. Tired of apartment complexes giving every single excuse to enter my unit. I swear it's almost like they do this on purpose to be nosy.

I work on the East Side of Detroit and live in Ypsilanti. Tired of the commute. I swear I'm going in for an oil change every month. I'm tired of going to the gas station. I'm tired of dealing with being in this bootleg hood. I figure if I gotta live in the hood, might as well live in the real hood right?

I'm about to purchase a home that is just south of Harper Woods. It's dirt cheap just like everything else in the city. It needs no work. None. I've looked at the surrounding suburbs and they all seem to have the same problems as Detroit these days. Burglaries, car thefts, vandalism, etc. Seems you can't escape it unless you move north of Hall Rd. I'm not doing that. I don't have the funds.

I grew up on the East Side so it's not like I'm a stranger to the area. I left thinking the grass was greener on the other side. Well it isn't. Not at all. Just a few months ago, my tires were slashed, and nobody can even understand why. Of course "security" saw nothing.

I love this city for some strange reason and it's a shame a bunch of careless jerks, which includes government and citizens don't seem to care enough to keep it up.

I promise I will keep my yard maintained.

But numerous people have called me crazy for doing this. I don't understand why. Even with taxes and insurance [[which is going to suck bad), it's going to come out cheaper than paying for all of that crap plus gas living all the way out here. Plus, the money I'm paying for rent I might as well be flushing down the toilet anyway as I have nothing I can call mine. That's really what this is about. Having something I can call my own and hoping the city comes back someday, you know?