Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Kwame Kenyatta calls for insurrection/revolt against EFM

"Councilman Kwame Kenyatta and a packed room of Detroiters warned today of an impending revolt against state intervention, urging residents to stock up on canned food and supplies.

“Even the Bloods in the hood fight for their territory,” Kenyatta said during a 20-minute monologue on the civil rights struggle at today’s city council meeting. “You are going to have to drag me out of here for me to leave."

http://motorcitymuckraker.com/2013/03/13/detroiters-pledge-uprising-during-state-takeover-make-sure-you-are-prepared-and-you-will-survive/

I thought the rhetoric could sink no further. JoAnne? Are you going to let him out do you with the crazy?

Why isn't there a facepalm gif to use on here? :/

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    http://motorcitymuckraker.com/2013/0...-will-survive/

I thought the rhetoric could sink no further. JoAnne? Are you going to let him out do you with the crazy?
    I thought their were laws against inciting riots? Oh, I'm sorry, must only apply to white people.

Quote Originally Posted by dtrrman View Post
    I thought their were laws against inciting riots? Oh, I'm sorry, must only apply to white people.

It is legal to say, "We should burn down City Hall."

It is illegal to say, "We should burn down City Hall at 2 p.m. tomorrow."

Furthermore, to say that the man should be hauled away in chains for speaking his mind strikes me as a bit of crypto-racism. If Ted Nugent can stand in front of a crowd that's toting rifles and shout, "We need to ride onto that battlefield and chop their heads off in November," then I think it's fair to way white people are afforded the same rights as Mr. Kenyatta.

Oh, and don't say I played the race card. YOU played the race card. [[See above.)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post

Furthermore, to say that the man should be hauled away in chains for speaking his mind strikes me as a bit of crypto-racism. If Ted Nugent can stand in front of a crowd that's toting rifles and shout, "We need to ride onto that battlefield and chop their heads off in November," then I think it's fair to way white people are afforded the same rights as Mr. Kenyatta.

Oh, and don't say I played the race card. YOU played the race card. [[See above.)
    However, ole Uncle Ted did get a visit from the secret service for some of his rants. Will we see anything similar for Kwame?

He is clearly talking about obstructive actions but he is very careful not to mention anything about arming or violence. I think he smart enough to know better than that.
    He's desperately walking it back because he smart enough to know he crossed a line and it was witnessed.

I don't agree with all of his politics, but I'm not about to jump on the "burn him at the stake" bandwagon just because it's easy to put incendiary words in the guys mouth.
    Directly quoting someone is not putting words in their mouth.
    Last edited by bailey; March-13-13 at 05:13 PM.

However, ole Uncle Ted did get a visit from the secret service for some of his rants. Will we see anything similar for Kwame?
    The Secret Service does tend to be a bit overzealous about protecting the president.

If I could know the truth at all, I'd bet that a fair amount of the people outraged by and demanding punishment for Kenyatta's rhetorical flourishes are some of the same people who tittered when L. Brooks Patterson said, "I'd rather own a 1947 Buick than own Barbara-Rose Collins."

Tee-hee. Oh, that Brooksie! Slavery is so funny!

it is legal to say, "We should burn down City Hall."

Really? And if somebody says that and it happens you have incited a riot.

"We should burn down City Hall at 2 p.m. tomorrow."

Really? And if somebody says that and it happens you have incited a riot.

Anybody can say anything they want, what happens after determines whether its legal of not.

Oh, and don't say I played the race card.

Never said you did but coming from a city whose leadership has played em' by the deck not by the card for 50 years, thats almost a backhanded compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by dtrrman View Post
    Anybody can say anything they want, what happens after determines whether its legal of not.
    Mr. dtrrman, here is a dime. Take it, call your mother, and tell her there is serious doubt about you ever becoming a lawyer.

Mr. dtrrman, here is a dime. Take it, call your mother, and tell her there is serious doubt about you ever becoming a lawyer.

I'll tell you what, keep the dime, call the local comedy castle and tell someone there that there is serious doubt about you becoming a comedian.

Actually according to mich law 752.542 it is illegal to say either.

It is unlawful and constitutes incitement to riot for a person or persons, intending to cause or to aid or abet the institution or maintenance of a riot, to do an act or engage in conduct that urges other persons to commit acts of unlawful force or violence, or the unlawful burning or destroying of property, or the unlawful interference with a police officer, peace officer, fireman or a member of the Michigan national guard or any unit of the armed services officially assigned to riot duty in the lawful performance of his duty.

Quote Originally Posted by rondinjp View Post
    Actually according to mich law 752.542 it is illegal to say either.

It is unlawful and constitutes incitement to riot for a person or persons, intending to cause or to aid or abet the institution or maintenance of a riot, to do an act or engage in conduct that urges other persons to commit acts of unlawful force or violence, or the unlawful burning or destroying of property, or the unlawful interference with a police officer, peace officer, fireman or a member of the Michigan national guard or any unit of the armed services officially assigned to riot duty in the lawful performance of his duty.
    OK, then. I'll change the joke for the benefit of you and of Michigan jurisprudence.

It is legal to say City Hall should be burned down.

It is illegal to say City Hall should be burned down at 2 p.m. tomorrow.

OK, then. I'll change the joke for the benefit of you and of Michigan jurisprudence.

It is legal to say City Hall should be burned down.

It is illegal to say City Hall should be burned down at 2 p.m. tomorrow.

i like. Thanks!

Can you use this?

Attachment 18604

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    Can you use this?

Attachment 18604
    Perfect Hermod, thank you.

And people wonder why this city is in the mess its in with nitwits like this clown running things.

LOL. Funny question. Councilwoman Watson's public reaction when the EM is actually appointed will be epic. The invocation of the civil rights struggle, Martin Luther King, slavery and plantations will only be the start. Blame will of course be slathered around to a vast array of outsiders. Expect some "ya'lls boy-like" soundbites.

Just don't expect any solutions to the financial emergency.

Kenyatta needs to be put in the crazy ward.

Quote Originally Posted by fanniemae View Post
    Kenyatta needs to be put in the crazy ward.
    He's already in it, its called the Detroit City Council Chamber.
    Last edited by dtrrman; March-13-13 at 04:11 PM.

Geeze... they're talking about "manning the barricades" like in Les Miserables... except that with all the wasteland of the neighborhoods of Detroit... the very low density of Detroit just doesn't cut it for barricades, as compared to the narrow medieval streets of early 19th century Paris.

They could make a Detroit version of Les Mis and call it Mo' Miserables... and Kenyatta and Watson can play Monsieur and Madame Thénardiers... the comical Inn keepers of the Broadway show version...
    Last edited by Gistok; March-13-13 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    They could make a Detroit version of Les Mis and call it Mo' Miserables...
    Do you hear the people rap?
    Rapping the words of angry men
    They are the poetry of a people
    Who don't want an EFM

Tony Award winning cast, starring

Samuel L Jackson as Javert
    Denzel Washington as Jean Valjean
    Omarion as Marius
    Young Jeezy as Enjolras
    Beyonce as Fantine
    Last edited by corktownyuppie; March-13-13 at 09:19 PM.

I just don't understand how people, even the most naive, can continue to refute the facts and believe what Kwame and Watson are spewing as facts. Where do these people come from? It's like this is the twilight zone.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    I just don't understand how people, even the most naive, can continue to refute the facts and believe what Kwame and Watson are spewing as facts. Where do these people come from? It's like this is the twilight zone.
    They keep getting reelected don't they? To me, it's more like where do the people that keep voting for them come from?

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    They keep getting reelected don't they? To me, it's more like where do the people that keep voting for them come from?
    This is proof that the EFM is actually democratically elected. Citizens voted. And they got what they voted for.

The problem is only one of misleading product advertising. Kenyatta advertises racism, but he was actually a vote for EFM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    This is proof that the EFM is actually democratically elected. Citizens voted. And they got what they voted for.

The problem is only one of misleading product advertising. Kenyatta advertises racism, but he was actually a vote for EFM.

But claiming to be disenfranchised plays so much better to the masses

Same ones who would lift the big thug on a sedan chair, cart him down to city hall and drop him right back into the mayors throne if he walked out of prison right now.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast