Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hung

if those two are "normal" I must have grown up around exceptionally pretty people.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    Watched the first two episodes. Liked the opening and the local color of that. But that's really as far as anything truly local about the show went. The rest of it could've taken place anywhere, and really had that sort of generic, suburban anywhere, TV California-ness about it [[with a lakefront somewhere, a high school, and what looked like a house in Hamtramck standing in for the "anywhere"). The show itself seemed disjointed and overreaching for effect, the premise pretty silly and unlikely, and overall it really didn't do much for me. I don't much like the very bland actor [[Thomas Jane) who plays the main character Ray [[with the big...). And I thought Anne Heche as his ex-wife was terrible, and actively annoying.
    I thought she was spot on, I can attest to the fact that X wives are VERY annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    if those two are "normal" I must have grown up around exceptionally pretty people.
    The boy is pretty typical of the emo crowd. I guess a better choice of words would have been to say that they used people who are "realistic."

Is there a website posting the different streets that this series is shot in every week?. I watched episode three this morning and it looked like they did a scene at the lighthouse near Chene Park, but I couldn't figure out where the old plaza building with some interesting dormers was taken near the end. I saw one of the stores had a awning that said Puff n Stuff, but when I googled it, I got an address for Flat Rock. I couldn't google any pictures of the store. Is this where it was taken? I've never been to that block before and thought it would be interesting to go down to some of these streets to see what they are like.

Saw it last night, great show! loved the opening credits with shots of the D in proper!. Funny as hell by the way, most memorable phrase: " I fu@@ked that Bitch for Free?". Cant wait to see more. Regular people too.

They showed a high school in the first episode that I thought was WBHS...

Buy American Guest

IMHO the show stinks big time. By the time the credits have run the show is already into about 10 minutes, the acting is lame, the plot is lacking and the only good thing about it is the shots of Detroit [[which is sparse).

I like it, but I'm biased because it's centered around Detroit. I think the characters are likeable and it is amusing.

I do think that it gives the city positive exposure; most scenes show Detroit in a way that you rarely ever see on screen. I really enjoyed the riverfront scene last night.

It isn't the best show I've ever seen, but I'm willing to give it time.

Has anyone else noticed the pimp/poetess character bears more than a passing resemblance to former Detroiter and novelist Joyce Carol Oates?

detmich Guest

The show is okay. But it makes being hung into such a big deal. Believe me, having a big penis is not all it's cracked up to be. We all have our cross to bear.

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by detmich View Post
    The show is okay. But it makes being hung into such a big deal. Believe me, having a big penis is not all it's cracked up to be. We all have our cross to bear.
    LMAO!! Hilarious post.

Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
    Is there a website posting the different streets that this series is shot in every week?. I watched episode three this morning and it looked like they did a scene at the lighthouse near Chene Park, but I couldn't figure out where the old plaza building with some interesting dormers was taken near the end. I saw one of the stores had a awning that said Puff n Stuff, but when I googled it, I got an address for Flat Rock. I couldn't google any pictures of the store. Is this where it was taken? I've never been to that block before and thought it would be interesting to go down to some of these streets to see what they are like.
    There was a 5-10 second shot in front of a place called Kimmel-Meehan and here's where that store is located http://tinyurl.com/mjpzwh .

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    LMAO!! Hilarious post.
    FOR REAL!!! There's so much that goes into getting to that point of a relationship that has nothing to do with penis size. Guy's who lead with a pick up line "I have big unit!" never get none.
    Last edited by CountrySquire; July-27-09 at 09:27 AM.

I think as the episodes are getting better now that they don't have to spend as much time doing back story and building the characters, and can focus on the premise. I though last nights was good.

Quote Originally Posted by buzzman0077 View Post
    I think as the episodes are getting better now that they don't have to spend as much time doing back story and building the characters, and can focus on the premise. I though last nights was good.
    I like Gemma. She is so controlling, but upfront with her fantasies. Ane they are adding more characters.

Lorax Guest

Let's hope it's not shaped like a cross, then I'd have to feel sorry for you!

Of course, you'd have thousands of followers with vigil candles as your new posse!

Mich it is still the motion of the ocean. I agree with your post. What woman wants to-never mind.

I was bemused watching this live, I figure the guy is probably...for his sake, a lot more low key on location

http://www.laobserved.com/archive/20...ne_had_a_l.php

For anyone who's interested, the houses featured in this show [[both the main character's cottage and his annoying neighbor's mansion) are located along Colony drive on Middle Straights Lake in West Bloomfield Township.

cheddar bob Guest

I've started watching the show. I like it.

"Hung" is hanging in here from what I hear. I like the quirky characters. And the kids are hilarious. They addressed the joke that they don't even look like his kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorax View Post
    Let's hope it's not shaped like a cross, then I'd have to feel sorry for you!

Of course, you'd have thousands of followers with vigil candles as your new posse!
    ROTFL!!

They're filming in Birmingham this Wednesday

HBO renews 'Enlightened,' cancels comedy trio
    'Hung,' 'Bored to Death,' 'America' let go to make room for Sundays

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118047762

The got rid of Bored to Death and kept Enlightened?!? Dumbasses...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast