Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I think L Brooks is trying to help his driver, get some money relief. My gosh, the poor driver is in a mess. Accidents are a horrible thing. This is the not the time to judge the victims on their politics. This can happen to anyone. There will be people asking if there was alcohol in a flask, and so on. I want to see the injured helped in this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    How many people here drive over the speed limit?
    Damn near everybody. This morning for instance, as bad as the roads were, there still was some "knuckleheads" driving like it was sunny and 80' degrees.

LBP meet Karma

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    There is a man who can't move his arms, can't move his legs, will pass from this earth after years on pain and psychic torture and you people kick your feet in glee.
    Hey, I didn't know the driver was a quadriplegic because of the accident. I was just taking a pot shot at Brooksie. In light of these facts, I gotta say it's not funny anymore. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    There is a man who can't move his arms, can't move his legs, will pass from this earth after years on pain and psychic torture and you people kick your feet in glee.

just because he is a Republican.

Really? That is the reason? You disagree with his politics so you want him and his family to be destitute. Penniless.

You want his wife to wipe out his colostomy bag with old rags because he voted for Republicans.

you have no idea about the law, less about insurance, yet you spout off in evil ways because you think you are being funny?

wow.
    The schadenfreude running a bit thick around here notwithstanding... LBP is the the local face of a party that preaches a gospel of personal responsibility, preaches that what is killing american business is trial lawyers chasing around and suing everyone for everything every time there is any sliver of opportunity to do so, preaches that rules should apply to everyone and no one gets a free pass.... and on and on. Yet when he finds himself in an accident, caused in part by his driver's flagrant disregard for the speed limit, and both are severely injured because they felt they didn't need to wear seatbelts [[and both ticketed for failing to do btw), and then refuse to cooperate in earlier legal process by refusing to comply with discovery [[because hmm. wonder what might come out in those medical records?)... yeah, there is going to be a little blow back.

I feel for the guy and his family. I really do. but it's funny how all that "personal responsibility" crap takes a back seat when there might be a company with deep pockets sitting on the other side of the table.

lawsuits seek damages from Anthony Michael Prainito, CBS Radio Inc. of Detroit and Robert Bosch, the Farmington Hills company which leased a 2012 Passat to Prainito.
    p.s. regarding the costs here... the driver was a retired State Trooper, a county employee, and driving a county vehicle on county buisness. Further, the other driver has insurance as well. So I'd say he's covered about three different ways there. Same goes for LBP. They should be writing a thankyou note to the tax payers for picking up the tab, not tying up the courts with fuck you litigation.
    Last edited by bailey; March-13-13 at 10:47 AM.

The part I don't understand is suing the leasing company? On what grounds?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    The part I don't understand is suing the leasing company? On what grounds?
    Because they own the car and they have the deep pockets. Typical shyster move LBP spends a lot of time decrying.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Because they own the car and they have the deep pockets. Typical shyster move LBP spends a lot of time decrying.
    I guess @ my age I'm still wet behind the ears. I thought you needed a valid reason, [[defective brakes, stuck gas peddle, steering wheel came off, etc.) to sue someone? Guess not. For the record, I DO feel for the driver and his family.

In an auto accident, the auto insurance could be considered the first line of payment in these matters. Depends on the type of health insurance the driver for Brooks has with his providers, the riders and limits. Could be his primary insurance carrier does not cover every part of hospital and medical, thus the lawsuit. I know my health policies thru my employers do not cover car accidents. It was a way of keeping costs down. So I have to have more auto insurance. I am just sayin... I am sure we will hear more about this suit as time goes on. These things can drag out for years unless they settle .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2