Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    Well sure, there a lot of cases where the relationship went south, you're dealing with people and money, recipe for disaster. PayPalsucks has been around a long time, they used to be much more blatant about redirecting their visitors to some other website with another product in competition with PayPal. Now it just looks like a banner. It's a good scam, no shortage of pissed off folks to chime in and help out. Think about it, one could do that with anything. DTE, the phone companies, etc. Matter of fact there are consumer complaint websites all over. They would come across much more credible if they weren't trying to sell an alternative.

This bit about signing away credit card protection, I'm no lawyer, but that sounds like total nonsense, you can't sign away rights, they are protected by laws. That's like saying you can do whatever you want to someone, regardless of the law as long as they agree to it.

Also, claims of not being able to call them is not true. They have a phone number and they do answer.
    ".....you can't sign away rights, they are protected by laws."

LOL!!!

You really have swallowed the KoolAid!

As if the unregulated years of the Tushies didn't effect bank policies. Grow up. I read it, like most who cared what they were getting into, and was reticent about doing it, and I should have gone with my gut feelings, since I was burned, as were thousands of others. These people want access to your accounts, there is no other reason. They can make say, 5,000 mistakes in their favor over the course of a year, return a portion of what they stole, settle a few lawsuits, and still make out ahead of the game. Some estimates say they "earn" between 10-15 million per year in just this one aspect of their scam.

Sorry, once bitten....

I've been dealing with them since around 2001, never one problem. Ever. Maybe you just have bad luck.And there was the Bank thing, maybe that was just bad luck too. Some people have lots of bad luck.

Look on Ebay, There are "Powersellers" on there with 20,000 transactions and they accept PayPal. Now don't you think just maybe if PayPal was all so bad, that in the course of those 20,000 transactions, their relationship with PayPal would have went sideways? Let's see, 20k transactions, uses PayPal verses made a few transactions, don't use PayPal.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    I've been dealing with them since around 2001, never one problem. Ever. Maybe you just have bad luck.And there was the Bank thing, maybe that was just bad luck too. Some people have lots of bad luck.

Look on Ebay, There are "Powersellers" on there with 20,000 transactions and they accept PayPal. Now don't you think just maybe if PayPal was all so bad, that in the course of those 20,000 transactions, their relationship with PayPal would have went sideways? Let's see, 20k transactions, uses PayPal verses made a few transactions, don't use PayPal.
    You've never met a corporation you wouldn't cheerlead for.

You could probably find something positive to say about the Exxon Valdez incident.

For all the positive transactions these Powersellers have, they have missed thousands more that are not allowed to buy from them, because buyers wish to pay with another tender.

Add to that the thousands more who no longer sell on Ebay for the same reasons.

Rotten business model in my book, and a loser for Ebay in the long run, as it's now quite evident in their sinking stock prices.

But then again, Neocons never thought more than short term, since quickie profits at the expense of the entire operation has always been their MO.

ccbatson Guest

Paypal has some pros and some cons...the beauty is that consumers have a choice and that this provides incentive for all competitors to improve.

Well at least you're not complaining about the ads. I have used PayPal for years, pretty much since they appeared, and have applied it to a variety of solutions for customers, including the high end PayFlo Pro all the way down to getting donations for this project. Cumulatively those accounts have processed a few million in transactions with never a problem. Maybe I've been lucky. [Knock wood.] My only complaint is that those millions did not pass through my account.

The nice thing about PayPal is that it is the poor man's merchant credit card. No monthly minimums and you don't need a PayPal account to transact through them. Your Visa, MC, Amex all work and the accounting control panel is excellent. Whereas regular bank account cut off ability to view your past records beyond three or six month, so they can charge you to see them, PayPal lets you see years back into the past, for no charge. They take their sliding percentage and that's They also pay a very fair interest rate on money you have in an account with them.

The biggest gripe I've heard with PayPal is when a transaction isn't completed because the merchandise is lost in transit or whatever.

The buyer is out his money because he paid PP and the seller is out his merchandise because he shipped it. Meanwhile, PayPal has the money and won't let it go, either way. Everybody loses except PayPal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Well at least you're not complaining about the ads. I have used PayPal for years, pretty much since they appeared, and have applied it to a variety of solutions for customers, including the high end PayFlo Pro all the way down to getting donations for this project. Cumulatively those accounts have processed a few million in transactions with never a problem. Maybe I've been lucky. [Knock wood.] My only complaint is that those millions did not pass through my account.

The nice thing about PayPal is that it is the poor man's merchant credit card. No monthly minimums and you don't need a PayPal account to transact through them. Your Visa, MC, Amex all work and the accounting control panel is excellent. Whereas regular bank account cut off ability to view your past records beyond three or six month, so they can charge you to see them, PayPal lets you see years back into the past, for no charge. They take their sliding percentage and that's They also pay a very fair interest rate on money you have in an account with them.
    I've sold my Lego Collectors Guide CD in over 30 countries... and I like the convenience of having all funds transfered to US dollars via Paypal. There is no easier way to handle foreign transactions. I have my Paypal account attached to my bank account, and always remove the funds ASAP, so I don't end up like Lorax's unfortunate scenario.
    Last edited by Gistok; July-04-09 at 02:04 AM.

I've sold hundreds of items of model railroad cars, engines, buildings, scenery, etc., and used PayPal exclusively without incident. I even sold my neighbor's boat for him using PayPal. I've also bought many items using the same avenue. No problems whatsoever.

As Gistok states - the convenience - can't be beat.

CYE [[cover your expenses).

ccbatson Guest

Paypal also provides some insurance coverage beyond what might be part of the transaction itself. On the other hand, I have heard that for larger transactions, the fees are too high.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Paypal also provides some insurance coverage beyond what might be part of the transaction itself.
    Entirely wrong.

ccbatson Guest

Please explain? An acquaintance of mine received a check from Paypal for 200 dollars when a seller didn't deliver.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2