Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Did you see Raymond Cheeks saying the city would be destroyed? Haven't seen any riots just yet, though.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasT View Post
    First, it is widely believed that the feds ARE targeting Wayne County next. Link. Second, the "dark chapter" is presumed to be over because for so long, corruption went unnoticed and unpunished. The feeling is that corrupt politicians are now on notice that their CURRENT actions are being watched. It's not only about getting those who have broken the law in the past, but deterring those who would do it in the future. That's the line of thinking at least.
    But isn't this case only in existence because Kwame got lazy with his publicly issued cell phone and extra lazy with items such as the Navigate scandal?

I mean, this guy should still be running the city, but instead his pompous arrogant azz starting pushing the edge of the envelope........ right?

Quote Originally Posted by TKshreve View Post
    But isn't this case only in existence because Kwame got lazy with his publicly issued cell phone and extra lazy with items such as the Navigate scandal?

I mean, this guy should still be running the city, but instead his pompous arrogant azz starting pushing the edge of the envelope........ right?
    I think that's why Barbara McQuade, the US Attorney, said yesterday that she hopes this case encourages businesses to come to her instead of complying with shakedown demands. Those witnesses that did work with the feds were key in taking down Kwame and Ferguson in this trial.

And I wasn't around then so my knowledge of this is limited, but wasn't Kwame also brought down by internal whistleblowers, like Gary Brown? Or am I way off base...
    Last edited by TexasT; March-12-13 at 03:11 PM.

No, it is far more than that if you check the original charges stemming from the Navigator days and read the list of felonious charges. Most of which are 'Obstruction of Justice' violations in trying to conceal and coerce others including city employees to condone or look the other way regarding the corruption. And a review of the current charges reveal the bribery and other 'pay to play' cases pushing then envelope well off the table.

Great. So then what? Wait for the FEMA trucks? Retribution? What is being Retri-Buted? Is this some kind of indictment/ punishment against Detroiter's doing something against Mr. Kilpatrick?

Quote Originally Posted by stromberg2 View Post
    Did you see Raymond Cheeks saying the city would be destroyed? Haven't seen any riots just yet, though.
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-12-13 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stromberg2 View Post
    Yes, that was very strange...this is what he said:

Raymond Cheeks: I feel bad for the city of Detroit. Because Detroit is going to be destroyed.

TV Reporter: What does that mean?

Raymond Cheeks: Read your bible. Sodom and Gomorrah.

Quote Originally Posted by TKshreve

I think it came into existence for two reasons, before the text messages:

[[1) Free Press story on donation to the Civic Fund by Jon Rutherford [[who ran a homeless shelter) in exchange for political favors

[[2) FBI investigation into banking practices [[suspicious cash deposits are reported to the FBI as a matter of routine)

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Lady View Post
    Raymond Cheeks: I feel bad for the city of Detroit. Because Detroit is going to be destroyed.

Memo to Mr. Cheeks. BEEN THERE DONE THAT - look around you - and thanks in no small part to your kin folks.

Cause and effect can be complex. Yes, the stupidity and arrogance of K2's cell/text/Navigator actions might seem to be the start of the Feds action -- but we will really never know.

When you run a pay-to-play with city money, you'll piss off a few people here and there. And they know the feds phone#. I think there's a good chance that something eles would have tipped the scales even if K2 had been wiser and more discrete.

Its a terrible shame that so many people in power have been using race to hide their personal crimes and immoral behavior. The 'us against them' mentality is becoming history. Its about time. And the feds did this with six black jurors. The evidence must have been compelling. I hope its published. I'd like to read just how K2 and Co. behaved.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Its a terrible shame that so many people in power have been using race to hide their personal crimes and immoral behavior. The 'us against them' mentality is becoming history.

It's not only the race card, the righteous/religious overtones to everything are also getting to be a bit old, IMO.

http://www.freep.com/article/2013031...cash-champagne

Curious. They just made him totally poison to all his old, dirty contacts. Nobody wants to be a future news revelation, so he'll have to dig out where the retirement cash was stashed.

Very smart of the Feds. Let the old man walk, shut off his old contacts...make him talk with that screechy and bitter ex-wife of his...
    Last edited by Gannon; March-12-13 at 06:42 PM.

The only close association to the old biblical story, btw, is what the angels wanted in the first place...the evildoers are being rooted out, exposed, and run out of town...so we'll likely not suffer the same smoldering fate those towns did. Cheeks is a stone idiot. Dumber than a rock.
    Last edited by Gannon; March-12-13 at 06:22 PM.

Unless he means he is going on a homosexual rape rampage with his circle of old jerks from Bert's early-morning anti-tax club meetings. There's always that...they've been on the downlow for way too long anyways.

This is pretty twisted and distorted! The context is completely off into the tall weeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Lady View Post

Don't look at me that way, that is how the Old Testament story is written.

He's been smoking too much of the tall weed. Yes, I said that. I'd bet he doesn't even KNOW the term medicinal. Let alone moderation.

Gannon, you are a fool

Ain't that the truth!! ----

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    Gannon, you are a fool

jes' doin' my yob, meng!

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Unless he means he is going on a homosexual rape rampage with his circle of old jerks from Bert's early-morning anti-tax club meetings. There's always that...they've been on the downlow for way too long anyways.
    Huh????????

The Sodom and Gomorrah story includes an episode of a gang surrounding the home of the last good man in town, who happened to be hosting a few traveling strangers for the night. Who happened to be the angels sent by the Lord to judge the towns, and level them if found wanting for anyone worthy of saving. The last good man supposedly offered his own daughters to the gang instead...quite gallant for the time, I guess.

It was merely a bad joke...and a dig on the group of guys that used to meet up at Bert's for late breakfast meetings. I used to see them all the time when I lived down there. I don't think they're gay. That's part of the joke.
    Last edited by Gannon; March-13-13 at 07:34 AM.

Here's the video of Raymond Cheeks:

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/video?cl...autostart=true

Bobby Ferguson forfeits property, cash, homes one day after jury finds him guilty

In case no one posted this article, from the NYTimes...

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/12/us...case.html?_r=0

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    As I was watching footage of the van leaving the courthouse & on it's way to Milan, I couldn't help but think if Kwame & Bobby were near each other in the van and what, if anything, they were saying to each other.
    Kwame to Bobby on the way to Milan...

Name:  you mad bro.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  11.3 KB
    Last edited by MidTownMs; March-12-13 at 11:50 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast