Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    So, I agree he was the driving force for a lot of things but the city is still a 75% disaster zone that lost half it's population while he kept getting reelected along with Dingel and Conyers.
    So you're blaming Levin for Detroit's demise? Could you connect the dots for me please?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    That is very often a meaningless comparison.

Cold weather "lose" payroll taxes paid to the feds by their workers. Warm weather states "gain" social security checks and medicare benefits paid by the older retirees living there. Coastal states with Navy bases "gain" from the money spent at the expense of non-coastal states. Climate dictates which states have large Army and Air 'Force installations so they "gain" at the expense of stats without.
    We do have the longest coastline of the lower 48 states here in MI and we sit in the middle of one of the most strategically important waterways in the world. Also one choke point that could cripple the world's economy is just a few hundred feet off Mariner's Park and its pretty much undefended. With Michigan's location all climate and "coastal" analogies are not applicable.
    Last edited by p69rrh51; March-10-13 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    So you're blaming Levin for Detroit's demise? Could you connect the dots for me please?
    I'm not blaming him, Dingel, Conyers, Coleman or Kwame totally for Detroit's demise. Of course, there was a lot of other factors involved. I'm not going to tap my hand about how great Carl Levin was either after the city went totally down hill when he kept getting elected and reelected.

I love that rumpled look [[which is by design of course) and that great story about how he arrived in D.C for the first time in a rusted out Dodge Dart, but Detroit was a way better looking and performing place back then. By the same token, if you could connect the dots as to how much good he did the City of Detroit I would appreciate it.

Shollin Guest

I forgot, Carl Levin was elected to be senator of Detroit not Michigan.

Now that the shock of his retirement announcement has worn off, here come the recognitions and awards:

Senator Levin is 2013 MacArthur Medalist

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post
    Now that the shock of his retirement announcement has worn off, here come the recognitions and awards:

Senator Levin is 2013 MacArthur Medalist
    LOL Good one!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3