Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    But that's something you had to expect. I'm only saying that because I'm going through the same thing. Except in my case its a severe housing shortage.
    Yes, more diverse housing options should be the goal in Midtown, we need more residential development to meet the high demands. It's ridiculous not having enough housing for potential residents. This should be the #1 goal in 2013/14. When the M-1 begin operations n 2015, we should have dense housing stock along and surrounding Woodward. Brush Park can use about 50,000 more resident. Cass Corridor south and north can use more "Studio One" mid size buildings..about 15 more.

There's plenty of land to add up to 100,000 new residents to the area without displacing anything or anyone. Can you only imagine, hopefully in 2015/16 we will see close to these numbers and the impact it will make. Then I wouldn't mind looking anywhere north of New Center without feeling isolated from the area,..the main reason why I live in Midtown in the first place, "Excitement, Synergy, Diversity, Creativity, Safety, Walk-ability and Amenities".

South of Mack/MLK to Fox Theater need a nice full housing stock to bridge that gap, that area is desperately in need of attention. Hopefully Ilitch add his residential portion of his development along Woodward, between Clifford and I-75. No set-back please, we need intact street wall with ground floor retail.

Quote Originally Posted by gthomas View Post
    When the M-1 begin operations n 2015...
    lol. I'll believe that when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    Not to threadjack, interrupt, change the subject, or whatever: Is anything happening to my old haunt, Forest Arms?

I haven't heard anything solid, but I drive by there just about every day and there's been a lot of activity recently, i.e. construction trucks and equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Not to threadjack, interrupt, change the subject, or whatever: Is anything happening to my old haunt, Forest Arms?
    According to Midtown Inc, the funds have been raised and construction is expected to begin this summer. But you know how that goes...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3