Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Okay mjs, MIRepublic, Detroitdad, & Detroitnerd-let me clarify by what I was saying about McNamara's group not being in the city proper. Yes, he had contacts in Detroit, but he was trying to be as far reaching over the whole County as he could be. A number of his appointees in County gov't also held positions of power County wide especially in Garden City, Taylor, Southgate, Lincoln Park, Ecorse, & Wyandotte. Joey Palmera, Cameron Priebe, & Steve Brown are examples that immediately come to mind. Regionally, I don't & didn't see McNamara trying to cross 8 Mile, but I sure think he wanted to be "Wayne County King".

MIRepublic Guest

It's not that you weren't clear, it's that the thread didn't specify that the question was about the city proper, alone. In fact, the original posters makes reference to the 'region'. Quite frankly, I wasn't even reading your posts. You're making a point that I didn't care about because it's a point that's really kind of irrelevant. McNamara is most definitely a founding father of the modern Metro Detroit political culture; whether his base was in the city or the suburbs [[and his based was in the suburbs) is irrelevant since the thread is about regional political culture.
    Last edited by MIRepublic; July-05-09 at 09:36 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2