Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
In their defense...what would it matter? It's maybe 5? 10 million there that they could cut if they cut right to the bone?

Hundreds of millions in structural deficits and 15 billion in debt, if the CC fires all staff and turns in the keys to the city vehicle, that isn't going to do anything. At best it would be good PR, but really, like anything else done outside of bankruptcy, it's still just rearranging deck chairs.
What better do they have to do except rearrange the chairs? I think cutting their own staff and frivoulous expenses like cars and drivers would be great for PR, and show they are willing to share the sacrifices required by the working rank and file. I also think our city council panders to the loud few instead of the quiet majority who don't have time to spend all day at the CAY building. 5 or 10 million is a ton of money. What if they used that 5million to hire people and collect the 200 million in owed taxes?

Samll savings add up. 5million here, 5 million from cutting the same waste from the Mayor's personal staff, and you start seeing changes. You can expect to find a single savings idea that will wipe out the debt fro years of reckless waste. I agree bankruptcy is in our near future, I just wish Council would do their job to help the city instead of standing in the way of progress.