I figured it was about time I started my own blog. It's a work in progress. I figured I'd give it a go for six months and see how it goes. What do you folks think so far? If you have any suggestions for me, please let me know. I always appreciate spelling and grammar critiques, if you happen to see a problem.

http://campusmartiuschronicle.blogspot.com/

Here is a copy of the first post;

International Freedom Festival

Today is the day of the Freedom Festival Fireworks, and Campus Martius is abuzz with activity. Campus Martius Park is a perfect example of what an urban park ought to be. As I move my chair and table under the shady trees of the South Garden, I take note of all the sparrows and pigeons chirping and cooing. Behind me the gush of a waterfall can be heard, helping to drown out the sounds of traffic. The park is surrounded by beautiful gardens, flowers in full bloom.

A few tables over, a man is taking pictures of the surrounding buildings. The ensemble of many buildings that surround Campus Martius Park making it feel like some grand outdoor room. Across the South lawn, I can see kids playing in the cool refreshing waters of one of the smaller fountains. On the other side of me is a family drinking sodas and slushies, already claiming their spot for the fireworks later that night. Straight down Woodward you will be able to see some of the fireworks, affording a beautiful view of America's largest fireworks displays.

The sun is shinning, the birds are chirping, the flowers are in full bloom, and the kids are outside playing. It is a beautiful day in Campus Martius Park, can life get any better than this?

Posted by DetroitDad at 6/24/2009 03:07:00 PM