Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    The original post is most certainly an example of satire. Try to understand this post, which uses blatant racist language, by comparing it with some of the coded racism of some recent posts on this board.

Satire may make people uncomfortable, but it's often a weapon against injustice. I say let it stand.
    Thats one vote for letting it stand
    The rest of us think it's crap and should be taken down.

and only in the Metro area would the answer to racist language be MORE racist language.

Quote Originally Posted by leapfrog View Post
    Thats one vote for letting it stand
    The rest of us think it's crap and should be taken down.

and only in the Metro area would the answer to racist language be MORE racist language.
    So, anything that can be construed as racist should get the boot?

OK, genius, by that logic, we'd have to get rid of every work of art that used racist language but opposed racism, from Huckleberry Finn to Blazing Saddles.

Real smart ...

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    So, anything that can be construed as racist should get the boot?

OK, genius, by that logic, we'd have to get rid of every work of art that used racist language but opposed racism, from Huckleberry Finn to Blazing Saddles.

Real smart ...
    Don't get all pissy with me because I have an opinion different than your own - you're allowed to continue to by into all the race BS that is the Metro area.

and incidentally, I do think Huckleberry Finn DOES contain rascist elements.
    Again, maybe you are ok with that, but there is no need for you to be base and vitriolic because someone disagrees with you

This is great! Let it stand. The satire is well appreciated with some brizee!

Leapfrong, this isn't "racist" language like the thinly-veiled racist language of other people. This is satire. Brizee is most likley not a racist, s/he is using racist language in a satircal way to bring out the rediculousness of some posts.

Don't get all pissy with me because I have an opinion different than your own - you're allowed to continue to by into all the race BS that is the Metro area.
    Don't get defensive with us because you seem to be denying that the region has a race problem. We do. Let's talk about it openly instead of burying our feelings like a WASP family.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    This is great! Let it stand. The satire is well appreciated with some brizee!

Leapfrong, this isn't "racist" language like the thinly-veiled racist language of other people. This is satire. Brizee is most likley not a racist, s/he is using racist language in a satircal way to bring out the rediculousness of some posts.
    So you get to decide what is racist language and what is merely satire? How do you know the supposed thinly veiled racist language you claim is here is not merely satire?

But again, this is my opinion. You are free to feel differently.

Don't get defensive with us because you seem to be denying that the region has a race problem. We do. Let's talk about it openly instead of burying our feelings like a WASP family.
    You seem to be missing the point. I'm not claiming any such thing. I'm born and raised here, I know fully well the racism that exists - on all sides.
    my point is that MORE racist crap solves nothing,adds nothing to the conversation...except maybe to give you and some others here a chuckle.

You seem to be missing the point. I'm not claiming any such thing. I'm born and raised here, I know fully well the racism that exists - on all sides.
    my point is that MORE racist crap solves nothing,adds nothing to the conversation...except maybe to give you and some others here a chuckle.
    Ok, but I don't think this is "racist crap". Brizee doesn't really want the KKK here. It would be an outrageous thing to do. So outrageous that I can't believe anyone truly believed that he was serious. Your reactions to this thinking it was serious was even more comical than the original post!

Heck, you're right. I don't know that some of things, like STRESS and the Natl Guard, were satircal or not. However, those entities have been here before and many people saw them as good and as it appears they still believe they are needed. But the KKK? C'mon! They're NOT needed...AT ALL. That's the funny part. The KKK would be scared shitless.

GUSHI Guest

Why would the KKK be scared shitles? do to the amount of black in Detroit? S are you implying that as a white person I should be scared of black, you sir are racist,

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    Why would the KKK be scared shitles? do to the amount of black in Detroit? S are you implying that as a white person I should be scared of black, you sir are racist,
    No, I'm implying that a racist organization against blacks, Jews, and Catholics that could operate openly in public in the heart of a major metropolitan area would find it extremely difficult. They would have so much heat from the NAACP, Anti-Defamation League, and/or the Knights of Columbus that their efforts would be pointless.

I'm sorry, how any of you found the OP to be serious is awful. Wow.

Don't accuse of me being racist, you don't know me or my story.

I just love urban living!

Quote Originally Posted by ggores View Post
    I just love urban living!

Racist......

Hah the distinctions, um, are worth mentioning: Some black folks are getting scared sh*tless. Especially our elders - in their own homes!

The KKK would be scared shitless.

Ha, I love this thread brizee.

To those who have a problem with brizee's sarcasm/satire, I understand where you're coming from. I'd love to discuss the race relation issues in the metro area, the good, bad, and ugly, and all sides -- open and honestly. The truth is we as humans are far too selfish and immature to truly discuss what is holding this region back. All we'll ever discuss is the part of the equation that hurts us personally, while at the same time downplaying and minimizing anything that hurts or affects anyone on the other side. We foolishly think we can promote our own pain as unacceptable while promoting the pain of others as deserved, and somehow that will move the region forward. Yup, we're so much further along now than we were five decades ago.

In the absence of any real discussion on racial division, which won't exist in my lifetime, I say good job brizee. You made your points, well stated.

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
    Sarcasm and assholishness runs in my family.
    Anybody who uses assholishness to describe them self has got to be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    Anybody who uses assholishness to describe them self has got to be cool.
    Ahaa moment...ok so now I finally see your tongue firmly placed in your cheek...
    P.S.
    STRESS would only benefit law abiding citizens and the National Guard is out of funds due to sequestration...

The National Guard being posted in Detroit would only be another form of subsidization...... and that simply cannot be. Only the suburbs have enjoyed the rosy handouts of subsidies; ya know - like freeways and .... freeways and...... hmm

Quote Originally Posted by EASTSIDE CAT 67-83 View Post
    Ahaa moment...ok so now I finally see your tongue firmly placed in your cheek...
    P.S.
    STRESS would only benefit law abiding citizens and the National Guard is out of funds due to sequestration...
    If you're cool with STRESS but outraged by the Klan, you're making an argument against privatization, not racism.

There are between 3,000 and 5,000 people in the Klan today. I think the 700,000 or so residents of Detroit [[plus an untold number of suburban allies) could kick their cowardly white-hooded asses out of the city pretty easily. It might actually be a good way to bring people together.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferL View Post
    There are between 3,000 and 5,000 people in the Klan today. I think the 700,000 or so residents of Detroit
    [[plus an untold number of suburban allies)
    could kick their cowardly white-hooded asses out of the city pretty easily. It might actually be a good way to bring people together.
    How much of an impact would those three have?

I have reconsidered my position. I admit when I am wrong, and wrong I am.
    I now fully support this forward thinking idea of bringing the Klan to Detroit.
    I can now see nothing but good coming from this.

In fact, I would go the additional step of deputizing the Klan members so that they would have police powers - this way their assistance could be put to the benefit of all as quickly as possible.

Klueless Klan members eat Rice Krispies with Nestle Kwik in their milk.

WAIT GUYS! apparently the new klan is no longer racist: http://www.vice.com/read/theres-a-ne...yre-not-racist check. mate.

Quote Originally Posted by louis View Post
    WAIT GUYS! apparently the new klan is no longer racist: http://www.vice.com/read/theres-a-ne...yre-not-racist check. mate.
    Yeah, They dont burn crosses, they light them! I long suspected they werent a racist organization. I love their uniforms, reminds me of the Caspar the ghost with a dunce cap.

Quote Originally Posted by louis View Post
    They seem to be Democrats.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast