Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    On the other hand, PAYING people to buy buildings, open businesses, move here, and giving them huge tax breaks on top of it, other then making for good press releases, doesn't seem to put the City too far ahead financially.
    I don't know about that. What's happening in the Cass Corridor looks like in the long-term, it will benefit all Detroit citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    I don't know about that. What's happening in the Cass Corridor looks like in the long-term, it will benefit all Detroit citizens.
    Really? How's that? I keep posting the question on whether or not Ilitch ever resolved the back tax, [[$13 mil), and the Joe Louis Red Wing revenue issue, [[$71 mil), and I can't get a reply. All I read about is all the incentives and tax breaks Ilitch and Gilbert got for buying and developing buildings, and then people were given tax breaks and incentives to move in, or to open busnisses in them. So how is this benefitting me? Oh, and then there's this little matter about the City being dead flat broke.

good point...

ArmDetroit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Really? How's that? I keep posting the question on whether or not Ilitch ever resolved the back tax, [[$13 mil), and the Joe Louis Red Wing revenue issue, [[$71 mil), and I can't get a reply.
    Yes, we've all seen you bring this up over and over again. I'm not sure where you got $13 million, I thought the back taxes only went back one season and the money owed was under $2 million.

As far as the revenue issue goes that was simply a lazy reporter regurgitating an old story that never should have even been a story. The city already tried to go after that money and failed once. I'm not sure where the article is, but if you read it again they explain it all there.