Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
    If you're going to start saying that a major government agency like the FBI fabricated crime statistics without anything to back it up [[just your opinion), then there's something seriously wrong with your head and an intelligent debate with you from this point on is pointless.
    No need to start insulting people. I think you might want to brush up on your reading comprehension skills, though. At no point did I say the FBI fabricated crime stats. I said if they were 200K off on a population estimate, I wouldn't have certainty about the stats they came up with using that population estimate as a base. I don't see how that is controversial. The FBI said in that link that Detroit had a 2010 population of 899,000. The US census that came out for 2010 said the population was 713,000. Obviously, someone is wrong, and seeing as how the US Census Bureau actually conducted a full census, I'm going to go with their number as more likely to be true.

You want me to take the word of the FBI because it's a major government agency, but I should not consider the word of the US Census Bureau, also a major government agency?

Also, if you are the type of person that believes something to be absolutely true because it came from a major government agency, you also might want to brush up on your history.

And, finally, I think you're right about one thing. An intelligent debate with you is pointless, so I'll drop it now.
    Last edited by Motor City Sam; February-08-13 at 12:48 PM.