Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Danny...it's not his fault the tax base is drying up...

The answer is simple: Kudzu. It grows everywhere, is practically indestructible, and handily hides all the McDonald's wrappers and abandoned couches.

Or so they thought. Now the Kudzu is more of a problem than the grass and trash ever was. Ask anyone from the South about it.

I'll be happy when they finally find a way to convert Kudzu into bio-fuel. [[They're working on it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pcm View Post
    If the state is looking to trim the budget by mowing highways less, is there a reason why a more long term landscaping approach isn't being explored?
    Yes they are trying exactly that right now, on M-10 between Evergreen and 10 Mile Rd:

http://www.michigan.gov/mdot/0,1607,...4890--,00.html

I think only mjs alluded to this-- A big reason the grass is mowed is so that trees don't grow. It's much less dangerous to run off the road when you don't hit a tree while doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by elganned View Post
    The answer is simple: Kudzu. It grows everywhere, is practically indestructible, and handily hides all the McDonald's wrappers and abandoned couches.

Or so they thought. Now the Kudzu is more of a problem than the grass and trash ever was. Ask anyone from the South about it.

I'll be happy when they finally find a way to convert Kudzu into bio-fuel. [[They're working on it.)

It was the one thing GWB said regarding the climate and bio-fuels that I actually agreed with

is anyone else seeing this:
    END xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Lowell USER NAME orig -->

"I would like to see the People of Wayne county bring out their John Deeres and lawn movers and pitch in cut the weeds and seed the new landscape. I would like to see the People of Wayne County bring out the plows and snowblowers and remove the snow off out sidewalks and roads."

Shit. Lee Free and Call Sam will be licking their chops over the massive amount of lawsuits that would create. As if Wayne Co. isn't busted already, this idea would force the county to issue IOU's to all the dolts looking for easy money.

Kudzu, the plant that ate the south.

Saw my first brush fire along I-94 tonight [[9:30PM).... at E. Grand Blvd., near the Poletown GM plant. It was likely fireworks related. It was small, and may have burned itself out. But it left a darkened patch of burned out grass in its' place... we know that will be replaced sometime soon!

And then I came across sections of I-94 between the Lodge and Jeffries that hadn't been mowed at all. Also came across a few "inaccessible" spots that have shrubbery and other barriers that prevent mowers from getting in there.

And over by the Michigan Ave. exit, they only mowed the parts closest to the freeway exit ramp. The farther reaches of that large sprawling exit are still unmowed.

Looks like hell...

Default Because of deer

One of the big reasons to mow the berms next to expressways and highways is that deer [[and other large animals) like to graze in these areas. Unfortunately, deer often make their way onto the roadway without warning. As a motorcyclist, I regard deer on the roadways as landmines. Clearing out the brush adjacent to the roadway at least gives me a chance to see the deer. There are so many deer out there today, that I now try to avoid riding a motorcycle out of the city near dawn or at dusk.

Recall ficano now!!

Why mow the highway?

I don't know. Why do they water the sidewalks?

Why do we park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?

Why is it called cargo on a ship and shipment on a truck?

Two more brush fires to report... both on Eastbound I-94 in St. Clair Shores.... one near 9 Mile Rd., the other near 10 Mile Rd. Didn't see the fires this time, just the scorched blackened sod. Probably more fireworks mayhem.

When will the people who maintain our freeways learn.....

Well now there are 6 burned out patches of grass along I-94 in SCS.... several thousand square feet in total...

Now it looks even worse. I wonder if some are intentionally set, or are people just flicking their cigarette butts out the window... to see what happens...

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    75 and 94 especially....maybe they can initiate some sort of adopt an expressway program if the don't already have one?
    Go for it!
    http://www.michigan.gov/adoptalandscape

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2