Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Yes, that whole scene was very tragic. Everyone has an opinion on it... the mother of the boy who died is claiming that her son was unjustly killed.

The boy shot dead did not have the gun, allegedly, yet he was part of the assault and took the fatal bullet as his accomplice that had the gun is still in the hospital in serious condition. If you 'duel-up' to rob a person with a gun you must know that it can be life ending - rather you have the gun or not.

As I've said before teens are getting increasingly involved in more violent offenses - robbing, and brandishing guns. This outcome was inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Yes, that whole scene was very tragic. Everyone has an opinion on it... the mother of the boy who died is claiming that her son was unjustly killed.
    Just goes to prove that when mom is stupid, so go the kids. Apples don't fall far from the tree. What we are seeing, and I've heard this from more than one Detroit Cop is that today's kids were raised by parents that cared more about the crackpipe than the child. Our inability to keep coke off the streets 20-25 years ago has come to bite us in the butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    The boy shot dead did not have the gun, allegedly, yet he was part of the assault and took the fatal bullet as his accomplice that had the gun is still in the hospital in serious condition. If you 'duel-up' to rob a person with a gun you must know that it can be life ending - rather you have the gun or not.
    Had the coach been shot and killed, the boy without the gun would likely still have been guilty of felony murder [[participating in a felony in which someone dies, even if one wasn't directly involved in the killing).

Yep. When I have the chance to talk with teens I always remind them that their associations can have serious outcomes. Very.

Quote Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
    Had the coach been shot and killed, the boy without the gun would likely still have been guilty of felony murder [[participating in a felony in which someone dies, even if one wasn't directly involved in the killing).